News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Brake Hoses -assemblyline vs service

Started by acman63, September 29, 2018, 02:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAKEBIT

I read from one of the judges here, that some level of competition, does not allow for any NOS parts; that is, they have to be original to the car. What level or competition is that?
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on October 02, 2018, 06:13:26 PM
I read from one of the judges here, that some level of competition, does not allow for any NOS parts; that is, they have to be original to the car. What level or competition is that?
I think you are referring to the parts in the survivor class. In that class the car is judged on how untouched it is . A NOS part if used may be points deducted because it is ether not the same as assemblyline (parts evolved over time in the service system) or it would need to be creatively worked on so that it would match the patina of the surrounding parts so that it would not be mentioned as out of place or points deducted in worse cases. This is most commonly done to mitigate the new look with belts ,hoses ,batteries etc.    The point is for the car to look the part of a untouched unrestored car in reasonable condition. How you get there can be a challenge or a nightmare depending on how you look at it. Some cars are fortunate enough be well preserved other good survivor cars can be made to look more exceptional with a little creative work. To me it is a very satisfying challenge. Others may think not so much. It is all good.  ;D 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SNAKEBIT

Yes, sir, that's correct. I thought it was probably you who mentioned this. I've learned more about what is correct and that makes me happy!
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!