News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Started by jgroce1985, September 30, 2018, 11:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgroce1985

Hey guys I just bought #2795 and I'm very excited about her..Little help though could someone please post a picture of the inside of your side quarter scoops I see three small holes in the quarters ...is this normal...thanks

Coralsnake

A rebody? I don't think so...first of all with all due respect, its irresponsible to throw that out when any serial number is mentioned unless you have first hand knowledge of dirty deeds.

The holes you are describing are for the Mustang quarter panel scoop ornament and are common on all 1968 Shelbys.
I would be much more concerned if you didn't have them.

The ornament was left off and the scoop replaced it. You should have black caulk on the inside of the quarter to prevent water from entering the car.

Coralsnake

Green arrows for scoop holes, red arrows (not used) but present on original quarter panels

jgroce1985

Can anyone give me history on this car..I will post pictures later tonight ..Also thanks for the info I will get them caulked

Coralsnake

I don't know the history, but the Registry shows some warranty work, so make sure you contact Mr Liska, the registrar. He can give you copies of the documents.

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

jgroce1985

Coralsnake Thanks...Also your shelby is my dream car..and your website is a true blessing for the trade.

Coralsnake

Thats very nice of you to say.

papa scoops

oops, I screwed up. I thought the post was for a 66 even went out to the garage to look at my nos 66 1/4 hanging on the wall. o holes. the 68 does indeed have holes, interesting job they did filling them. sorry for the mis reply. nice car. my dad had a 68 500 near your number. phred

jgroce1985

Hey guys I figured I would add more pictures of the before and after of the car. Let me know what you think