Author Topic: Road trip  (Read 2077 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Road trip
« on: October 01, 2018, 08:01:07 AM »
It’s a nice fall day, so I’m playing hooky from my part time/work from home job and taking the GT350H on “Road Trimp” headed to the AACA Museum to see the Mustang Display
What a great way to spend a day
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Road trip
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:36:44 AM »
Now's the time to do it!  Have a safe trip! No hooky for me at the moment. At the Frankfort field court to defend a client on a moving violation.  But my thoughts are from Saturday on the open road in big red.

Best,

Richard E.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:38:38 AM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:59:16 AM »
Beautiful day for it Steve.  Wish I would join you it is an awesome exhibit.  Enjoy!

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 07:19:08 PM »
it was a great day, got on the road about 10:00 drove up through PA, the trees are just starting to change, spent a few hours at the Museum and headed back home. Just got in at 7:00 and put the car away 320+ mile and no problems, even the traffic wasn't bad and the roads weren't too torn up
What a great day to play hooky from work. Even had someone ask me on the beltway at 60mph+ "is it real" and when I said "yes" that seemed to excite them even more, lots of thumbs up today
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »
thanks for the reminder Steve... I nearly forgot that this Exhibit was ending this month.
Lots of gorgeous Mustangs/Shelbys on display, and the T-birds were very nice as well.
Here are a few pix...
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:52:45 PM »
...more pix...
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 09:39:36 PM »
fall seems to bring out the stupid in me
I seem to drive it more than I do during the last hazy days of summer
Got a few more Road trips planned and then what I'm trying to start is the "Last Ride of the Year" on Dec 31st
That would be to the South County Café in Deale
Followed up by the "First Ride of the Year" on Jan 1st, location to be determined but it may include coffee and donuts