News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 shelby GT 500 shifter mechanism

Started by V8Dave, October 02, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V8Dave

Hello Everyone.
I am currently looking for a 1967 shelby gt500 shifter mechanism for a customer.  I believe these shifter mechanisms had a extra piece weld on them as part of the special handling package available on mustangs I believe? I maybe wrong on that.
If anyone has one for sale please contact me and send me a pm.
I know this is a long shot and I'm sure they are hard to find however if you don't ask you never know.
Any help, information or leads are much appreciated as always.
Thank you for your time.
Have a nice day
Dave

Bob Gaines

Quote from: V8Dave on October 02, 2018, 06:51:13 PM
Hello Everyone.
I am currently looking for a 1967 shelby gt500 shifter mechanism for a customer.  I believe these shifter mechanisms had a extra piece weld on them as part of the special handling package available on mustangs I believe? I maybe wrong on that.
If anyone has one for sale please contact me and send me a pm.
I know this is a long shot and I'm sure they are hard to find however if you don't ask you never know.
Any help, information or leads are much appreciated as always.
Thank you for your time.
Have a nice day
Dave
A very long shot in my opinion given I have never seen one for sale in many years of Shelby specific search's. you never know but don't hold your breath. 99.99 percent of even Shelby people don't know what they look like which complicates things . A unique piece might go unnoticed and thrown in the regular mustang parts pile because of that .FYI the GT350 and GT500 special  auto shifter assembly is identical. Check your PM's
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

sfm5s081

ask bill heeley maryland

billheeley201@comcast.net

V8Dave

Thank you for the lead.
I contacted Bill Heeley and he only deals in 4 speeds but thank you for the help any leads or information is much appreciated.
Many thanks
Dave