News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Ten spokes - Identify Original vs. Reproduction

Started by silverton_ford, August 09, 2019, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on June 24, 2020, 03:00:29 PM
Adding to this old thread if you guys don't mind to keep it all in one place ,but having some lug nut issues my car is in the shop & apparently I two types of lug nuts on the car mix & matched & there causing play in the wheels .So trying to figure out what I need & shop is having a hard time locating any from there sources ,1st two pics are my wheels I know there gold but I assumed they where original & version 3 on Petes chart ,& JDs pic of the lug But seems to be what I need as it has the cut out for a washer .is there an aftermarket version of that lug I need or are we confused as to what I have & need thanks .
Version 5 on the list . They are tapered which is a plus but have the valve stem in the wrong spot and use the wrong lugnuts when compared to the assemblyline wheels. The picture you post is of a typical aftermarket lug nut. The cut out for the washer is another indication of a non factory after market wheel. The factory wheels lug nuts will not interchange with those after market wheels. The lug nut with the washer is still used on after market wheels . you should not have too much of a problem finding them if you go to a larger wheel selling outlet.  The original ten spoke/69 Shelby lug nut are the ones that are typically hard to find. I try to keep track of who carries the original type lugnuts but don't put any effort into keeping track of the after market version's . If I had a lead on where to look I would share but I don't. With a little effort you should be able to find the aftermarket type with the washer. As mentioned Branda may have some. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68krrrr

Ok thanksI found these on Branda but says it's for 66 you think these are ok the look the same
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on June 24, 2020, 03:38:01 PM
Ok thanksI found these on Branda but says it's for 66 you think these are ok the look the same
All I can say for sure is that they look very similar . It is likely that they will work but hard to say without comparing all dimensions. The generic lugnut that you need is likely available at a  larger store selling wheels locally in any larger city. I would try to get them locally so that you can compare plus they will most likely be less expensive.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby