News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Why do I see a lot of 67 GT500's for sale but not 67 GT350's

Started by Fastback66, October 04, 2018, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

It's just too much fun driving a B9 to mess around with a 500....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

deathsled

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 07, 2018, 02:10:13 PM
LOL! Good one! They are all great cars from a great era in automotive history.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Especially if you take off the junk off that chokes them to death.   8)

385 series engines are in a different league.

Bob Gaines

Bone stock BOSS 429's had a hard time getting out of their on way compared to a CJ Mach I or 69/70 GT500 back in the day. At least in my neck of the woods. There were a couple B9's that we would cruise looking for in my CJ Mach and we would routinely dust them off. In fairness the B9's we raced still bone stock when we raced them back in the 70- 73 era. We would see them and race stop light to stop light . We couldn't figure out what all of the fuss was about other then the wild drag looking engine under the hood of a B9.  I didn't know then but with a few mods that would change. It was considered quite a accomplishment and earned bragging rights considering how impressive they were under the hood in comparison to beat one in a race. Myself and another CJ owner got to brag a lot during those few years that they drove the streets the same as us. By the 80's guys had figured out the right cam, headers mechanical advance dist and it was a whole different story in reverse. You still didn't see any B9's on the street but would at local drag strip meets or car show get togethers.  It took a while for it to sink in with me how dramatic a change that could be made with those mods on the B9.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Shelby's are special beyond any reasonable explanation. It won't run away and even if you are  categorized as being a tyrannosaurus rex, so what? What's wrong with being an ultimate anything? I am. Frankly it's better then carrying a .44 Magnum.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

Quote from: 2112 on October 07, 2018, 03:13:41 PM

Especially if you take off the junk off that chokes them to death.   

Wurd!
I did....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on October 07, 2018, 05:45:55 PM
Shelby's are special beyond any reasonable explanation. It won't run away and even if you are  categorized as being a tyrannosaurus rex, so what? What's wrong with being an ultimate anything? I am. Frankly it's better then carrying a .44 Magnum.
Can't argue with that.  Had I not imprinted on the G.T. 350 at such an early age it would have been a 500.  And I love 500s too.  Monsters!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"