Author Topic: Steven Juliano Rapid Transit System Caravan Cars at MCACN in Chicago  (Read 3882 times)

bashton

• View Profile
As most already know, we lost one of our finest Ambassadors of the Mopar (and Shelby) Community after a nearly ten year battle with pancreatic cancer. In addition to being an all around fun and awesome guy, Steven Juliano was a great personal friend of mine for nearly 30 years. We shared the same passion for all things Mopar, and I feel blessed to have known him and to have shared some great times.

As those who knew Steven can attest, it was never about him, but about preserving the history of the cars and all of the related elements. NOBODY did it better than Steven! What you also know is that Steven would not want his legacy to be in any way sad...

I am both thrilled, honored and incredibly humbled to say that Stevens three Rapid Transit System Caravan cars WILL BE ON DISPLAY AT THE UPCOMING MUSCLE CAR AND CORVETTE NATIONALS SHOW, November 17-18.

I had been working with Steven for close to two years preparing for the showing of his cars. As time went on and his health was changing, sometimes on a daily basis, Steven made sure that all aspects of this display would be handled exactly as he wished, and that is exactly what we will do.

Of course, all the "Experts" have been out there saying it will never happen, or the cars were sold or (insert your favorite comment) but Stevens response to that can not be posted here. Suffice it to say they are not true.

Stevens family is 100% on board and devoted to making sure that this display does Steven proud.

Every year when Steven joined us at MCACN, we always spent some time in the upstairs office looking over the show floor and having some laughs. Last year before he left, we hugged and he said "the cars will be here next year whether I'm here or not!" and true to his word, his family share his desire and commitment.

Honored, humbled, sad but excited. Words truly can not express the mix of emotions.

So with that being said, please plan on joining us Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18. We have dedicated our show to the memory of Steven Juliano, with sincere appreciation to his family.

These cars have NEVER been shown together publicly anywhere or any time, even "back in the day" as they are 1970 and 1971's, with the Duster being updated for '71.

This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity for ALL of us.

Please help us get the word out there to anyone and everyone who would be interested.

Thanks;

Bob Ashton aka bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Juliano Rapid Transit System Caravan Cars at MCACN in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 12:01:48 PM »
It sounds like a fitting tribute to a man who loved cars. Can't wait to see them
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »
   Aside from being a rabid Mustang and Shely fan, I too love Mopar Muscle cars.  I worked at Chicago's Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth pre-delivery center at 101st and Stoney from June of 1970 to January of 1975.
  If I didn't have my 67 GT350, I know I would have gotten some Mopar.  Very likley  a AAR 'Cuda or a Challenger T/A.
  Can't wait to see these RTS cars.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »
I am a Shelby/Cobra/Ford Performance fan through and through and Steve knew that. The only reason I have any interest in Mopars is BECAUSE of Steve's enthusiasm for the Mopar all of these years. If Steve liked them then I must be missing something I always thought. Steve touched many lives in different positive ways. With that said I don't know about anyone else but it will take a major catastrophe to keep me away from seeing a display he cared so much about. I am positive he will be there in spirit. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CSX2259

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
Being a Shelby / Mopar or Mopar / Shelby fan Steve and I always Got along well. Having been invited to see his Mopar memorabilia and muscle car collection first hand was truly an honor and an unbelievable experience, you would never see so much Mopar sales memorabilia anywhere else. I am sure the display will be out of this world! RIP Steven you will be missed.

bashton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 04:22:57 PM »
I am a Shelby/Cobra/Ford Performance fan through and through and Steve knew that. The only reason I have any interest in Mopars is BECAUSE of Steve's enthusiasm for the Mopar all of these years. If Steve liked them then I must be missing something I always thought. Steve touched many lives in different positive ways. With that said I don't know about anyone else but it will take a major catastrophe to keep me away from seeing a display he cared so much about. I am positive he will be there in spirit.

Well said, Bob...

I look forward to having you join us.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

bashton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »
Being a Shelby / Mopar or Mopar / Shelby fan Steve and I always Got along well. Having been invited to see his Mopar memorabilia and muscle car collection first hand was truly an honor and an unbelievable experience, you would never see so much Mopar sales memorabilia anywhere else. I am sure the display will be out of this world! RIP Steven you will be missed.

And as you know, Steven could tell the story of each and every piece, when and where he acquired it and why it was special.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

CSX2259

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 04:08:20 AM »
Every piece!
I recall the story of one of the "Rapid Transit" cars that was found in the parking garage. Steven had stories and he told them well and with enthusiasm!

Bashton
Steven approached me through an email shortly before he passed and asked if I could help him with his Cobras when he shipped them out to California.  I told Steven that I would help in any way that I could, I would still like Steven's family to know that I would like to help in any way that I can if they need it.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 09:26:10 AM »
The cobras have all been safely shipped & stored just before steves passing unfortunately steve never made it to california like he had planned to since he had a small home by the beach close to his car collection building that he had planned to spend the rest of his life at. Steves passing was a shock to us all as 2 days earlier he was released from the hospital. I have had many calls from car guys asking about steve & what they can do & have been telling them to go to MCACN show to see his feature car display as a tribute to him & we can all share steves stories together & take photos of all 3 RTS cars together for the first time in public since these cars were found & restored over a 10 year period. I will try & find my original RTS caravan press kit (that started this all back in early 90s) & bring it to the show(unless steve still has it) as its got many KOOL photos of the entire caravan display at plymouth dealerships & its by far the Best Koolest & wildest muscle car display ever shown at any dealerships with signs banners flags etc, & it was shown by bob laravee (who was involved with ISCA shows) based out of detroit where it all started.

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 08:34:25 PM »
I had the priviledge of seeing Steven's mopar collection last January. Words can not describe it. I'm so happy I was able to see the complete collection.
His detail for autenticity was beyond question yet he always wanted to learn more in case he missed something. I'm not well versed in Mopars but in the Cobra world, IMO Steve's cars are beyond any other Cobra in the world. And his last Cobra, CSX2416, will never be duplicated in originally. There simply are no more original parts left to do another one like that.

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 05:51:25 PM »
Mr. Gaines, I hear ya. I came from a near-lifetime appreciation/love for Mopar Muscle and their luxury Imperials. I've owned some and I have only one now. I can really appreciate a man like Mr. Juliano, who had a life-long love affair with Fords and Mopars. I have a next door neighbor who just came home yesterday from a 3-week stay in the hospital because his melanoma came back. We gave him a basket of fruit just as they got out of the garage (talk about catching someone at the right time). I hope to see this man's collection someday. For those of you all who knew him personally, I am quite sorry for your loss.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

nate

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • Nate's Classic Cars
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »
MOPAR Magazine - Aug. 2018 Featuring Steve

nate

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • Nate's Classic Cars
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 11:43:29 PM »
MCACN Promo Magazine

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 12:09:37 AM »
that is awesome!   cant wait to see all the rest of the stuff.   Big reason to not miss MCACN coming up this year.   

chris

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »
The  2018 mopar magazine nate posted was mine & it ironically shows on the cover dave walden (ECS the decal guy who i worked with since his start) & 10 years ago steve juliano stopped at ECS on a trip passing thru here & daves wife cindy (who is a nurse) made steve go to the hospital in st louis after she noticed steve skin coloring & yellowing under his eyes or something like that & that when he was told he had  pancreatic cancer & due to catching it early & steve age & condition & the new experimental drug GTX steve beat cancer until now & his unique case will be in the medical history books. Last year  dave walden after being at MCACN show with prototype 4 door cuda dave had some serious health problems (head tumors etc) that affected his talking & walking & after 2 major surjurys he is recovering slowly & hopes to make it to MCACN show next month. This same mopar magazine features steve being inducted to mopar hall of fame (nate 2 bottom photos) at  past july chryslers of carlisle event but steve (due to his health)sadly couldnt make it but i have asked alica his wife to bring the award to MCACN show as part of steve display.Over the weekend nate was here sorting out my inventory & found my nos 3'x4' rapid transit caravan poster & we will frame it & show with steve cars (that are on the poster that plymouth dealers announced the cars were coming to the dealerships) & will bring the caravan press kit along as well & anything else i find here thats RTS. Bob Ashton is dedicating this (10 year) MCACN show in honor of steve as a tribute to him. Thanks u Bob Asthton & MCACN.