News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Old Rad and a new Battery

Started by Grumpy, October 08, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy

Ok doing some cleaning out of one of the barns up here. Found an old radiator marked C4ZE M2 11 64 W-MO. For an automatic.  Battery has Ford on the outside box. Autolite Battery. Have no idea how old it is or what it's for. Any info on them ??

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Grumpy on October 08, 2018, 03:06:09 PM
Ok doing some cleaning out of one of the barns up here. Found an old radiator marked C4ZE M2 11 64 W-MO. For an automatic.  Battery has Ford on the outside box. Autolite Battery. Have no idea how old it is or what it's for. Any info on them ??
289 auto with A/C or hipo . It would not be relevant to a 65 Shelby.  66 auto would have the soldered on tag. Battery would be a service replacement for 67-70 that used the 24F battery. The sticker has dates to be punched out for warranty purposes. The warranty date sticker can be replaced with one of the ECS assemblyline battery stickers (68-70) . Look on the battery date punch outs and check for the earliest dates in the punch out dots. That should give a good idea of how old it is. Dry charged battery can last indefinitely if moisture exposure kept to a minimum.  A bunch were sold and found there way into storage only to be found decades later after the Motorcraft change over in 71.  Seen dozens over the years 1970 dated .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Grumpy

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Grumpy on October 08, 2018, 03:48:17 PM
Thanks Bob. Here is the top.
Date code on sticker in lower corner indicates a late 69 production . Also the Jan and 1970 dated punch outs would be the earliest it could be put into service also indicates a late 69 manufacture date.Probably left overs back then that were sold off when the Motorcraft batteries came out. I seem to remember a certain Wisconsin resident that found a whole warehouse full in St Louis several decades ago.  A good rare battery
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

Jan byrd sparta Ill. is who found delberts old aultolite distributor leftover stash of nos batteries & back in early 90s i dug thru piles of dead trade in autolite delco & mopar vintage batteries before the semi trailer hauled them all off when he was cleaning house. SOMEONE from KC got my 22f 66 era autolite battery i found there.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on October 09, 2018, 12:10:04 AM
Jan byrd sparta Ill. is who found delberts old aultolite distributor leftover stash of nos batteries & back in early 90s i dug thru piles of dead trade in autolite delco & mopar vintage batteries before the semi trailer hauled them all off when he was cleaning house. SOMEONE from KC got my 22f 66 era autolite battery i found there.
That someone must have been very deserving ::) .