News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby Headlights

Started by nightmist67, October 11, 2018, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

What are the correct factory assembly line headlights (manufacturer and lens design) for a 1967 Shelby built in January 1967?

SNAKEBIT

How about listing all of the correct headlights, in-board lights and the chin lights for the '67.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on October 11, 2018, 05:36:36 PM
How about listing all of the correct headlights, in-board lights and the chin lights for the '67.
No chin lights on 67 . GE and Tung Sol (TS) were used on 67's . I am not aware of any time issue for ether's use.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Bob -What might be an asking price for such a pair of those lights, run?

JD

There are some out there that sell non-functioning bulbs, not cheap, for the judging classes where the car just has to have the correct part doesn't have to work.

If you want some that work - well that will be tougher and more $$$.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on October 11, 2018, 11:37:10 PM
There are some out there that sell non-functioning bulbs, not cheap, for the judging classes where the car just has to have the correct part doesn't have to work.

If you want some that work - well that will be tougher and more $$$.
JD isn't wrong however to clarify everything is supposed to work. With that said there are some classes that don't require a operational check. In those classes a correct looking part (still needs to look new) that is non functioning would not be noticed. That was the point JD was making. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on October 11, 2018, 11:06:03 PM
Bob -What might be an asking price for such a pair of those lights, run?
I try to keep working original bulbs on the shelf for just such emergency's . PM me if interested.

roddster

And is't there an etched in "FORD" logo inside an oval?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on October 12, 2018, 12:40:07 PM
  And is't there an etched in "FORD" logo inside an oval?
Yes, the fomoco in script inside the oval.

mgreene

I have several sets, both working and non-working.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera