News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct Trunk Matt 70 GT350?

Started by Fastback66, October 22, 2018, 11:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastback66

What does the correct trunk matt look like for a 70 GT350? I've seen a few versions out there. Can anyone recommend a quality repo?

Coralsnake

Tor

Coralsnake

TOBKOB

QuoteThere is no accurate reproduction

+1   The reproductions have more of a tan background where the originals had a grey background...Also the repros have a shiny appearance while the originals had a more flat appearance. The repros are very obvious.   :(

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

corbins

Quote from: TOBKOB on October 23, 2018, 09:15:50 AM

+1   The reproductions have more of a tan background where the originals had a grey background...Also the repros have a shiny appearance while the originals had a more flat appearance. The repros are very obvious.   :(

TOB
And really... how difficult would it be to make them correctly ? less shiny and the proper greyish background?

TOBKOB

QuoteAnd really... how difficult would it be to make them correctly ? less shiny and the proper greyish background?

Obviously more difficult than the manufacturer can manage   ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Coralsnake

If it were easy then everyone would have one.

Honestly there are not too many vendors that make things correctly.

And now for the jaded old man comments

If I had a nickel everytime someone that wanted a part, made that comment I would be a rich man

🙃

SNAKEBIT

Quote from: corbins on October 23, 2018, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: TOBKOB on October 23, 2018, 09:15:50 AM

TOB
And really... how difficult would it be to make them correctly ? less shiny and the proper greyish background
I agree with Corbins. +1. I may be needing a good quality repro in the not-too-distant future, myself!
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!