News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Values of original,used glass

Started by Dizzy, October 11, 2018, 07:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzy

Opinions please about original,used, glass for restorations. I have a corner of barn that I have been collecting original glass and wondering if I am just wasting space since the repo guys have made most any piece wanted. I figured original would always be better to have than repo.....? I would hate to put in dumpster.........any really popular pieces I should sort?

6s1640

Hi Dizzy,

Date codes will determine the values and the cars they would go into.  They will need to be OEM.  Condition will also play a big part.  Don't through them away.  Someone will want.  The problem will be delivery, not demand.

Cory

mygt350

I am looking for a 65 pass side fastback glass with frame. Not particular about date code, but condition of glass and frame is. Going in C-code street car.
PM me with condition and asking price. 
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

Bigfoot

Original glass is great. I've installed even scratchy pieces over repo as long as the car was a "driven" car.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

kingchief

Yep, please don't throw the stuff away.  The hard part is getting an inventory list of everything...with the date codes and overall condition.

Good luck!

Steve
SFM 6S406

JD

Yes, I think there are people that want used original glass, even if not perfect but useable, for driver restorations and survivor cars.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

pmustang

As a side note

I pull a hell of alot of parts off Mustangs in the course of my job here in the UK..

When I say EVERYTHING sells I am not joking

Stuff any wise person would throw away, folks are happy to get

So, there is a market for everything