Author Topic: 2005 Mustang GT....SCCA T2 Street/Race Car  (Read 377 times)

Forrest 3183

• View Profile
2005 Mustang GT....SCCA T2 Street/Race Car
« on: October 11, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
2005 Mustang GT converted to SCCA T2 Specs in 2005. Ran several SCCA events in So California and has SCCA Log Book. I bought the car after one year and maybe 3-4 races. Has since been driven on the street and Shelby Club Open Tracks in Northern California..... Sears Point, Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill. Also driven at Miller Motorsports in Utah.
The car runs in the street with 2007 GT500 Wheels and tires and on the track with SSR wheels and hoosiers. With the big street tires it gets 25 MPG.
Last Year and maybe 1000 miles ago I took the car to Sears Point and had a Mustang tuner remove and replace the engine with a new Long  block and Mustang Challenge specs.....including...OEM Long Block, All ARP bolts, Melling billet oil pump, Comp Cam stage 1 set, Upgraded Comp Cam  spring set and retainers, Steeda Charge Plates (I think), OEM Ford Cam Phaser bolt set, OEM Ford crank pulley bolt, Moroso Oil Pan,  and Steeda Underdrive Pulley set. The car comes with a complete Ford Racing suspension and A/C delete. After a short breakin it has a new (Predator??) chip tune and Dyno sheet. Rear Wheel about 345HP?
Great car and tons of fun on the road and track. Full roll cage too.
Forrest  fastcbra@aol.com   25K

Since the photo...the fog lights are removed and air grills installed....Added a lower valence...added a red tow hook in the bumper
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:40:37 PM by Forrest 3183 »

T-Bone68

• John Thornton
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Mustang GT....SCCA T2 Street/Race Car
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:36 PM »
This car just passed me on the road this morning.  Looked and sounded amazing!!!