News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 4 Speed Cobra Jet Cougar

Started by propayne, October 12, 2018, 08:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixx7shelby

It takes a special Cougar to fetch big money, and the only ones that will are the rare high performance versions. But when they do sell they break 100K easily.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

propayne

Just like every other make, there are high dollar Cougars that change hands privately.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

CharlesTurner

It's rusty, but not un-restorable.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Grumpy

Quote from: CharlesTurner on October 13, 2018, 09:24:27 AM
It's rusty, but not un-restorable.

Whats goin to be left after all the sheet metal replacement ? Would you be able to find old rust free parts ?

427heaven

Anytime you get a ...(0) bidder on something like this its usually a ringer, to run up the number.  :-

Coralsnake

👌

I like it, can we make a convertible?

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Grumpy on October 13, 2018, 12:29:54 PM
Whats goin to be left after all the sheet metal replacement ? Would you be able to find old rust free parts ?

I would find a rust-free donor car and cut out/replace whatever pieces were needed.  Doubt there is much NOS Cougar sheet metal out there?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bigfoot

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 13, 2018, 12:59:52 PM
👌

I like it, can we make a convertible?

Yes
And we can make it a Tucker.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

silverton_ford

The story about finding the car has been going on for a little over a month on the Classic Cougar Community forum.   

Here is the thread:  https://classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9780

65A KGT

'66 K-GT Hardtop C4
'67 Cougar XR7 A-Code 4 speed
'68 Cougar XR7 GT-E 428CJ C6
'69 Cougar XR7 Convertible 428CJ C6
'70 Cougar XR7 Convertible 428CJ 4 speed
Former owner of 6S1291 and 6S074

Special Ed

Back YEARS ago Kevin Marti made his hardtop cougar into a convertible & it was on display at cougar 50th dearborn show at fords (glasshouse).

Mikelj5S230

So sad, but cars have been made from tags and stamped parts cut out before.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Ldouble619

I know nothing about Cougars..  What am I missing here?  If this is a 200K car done why is it only bid to 17k as of this morning with 9hr left?  I would expect at least over 50k.

If this was a rusted out big block Shelby, crazy people would bid it over 50k without a doubt IMO.

Bigfoot

That's a hard piece to restore.
It's a rusty car.
It's a Cougar and that's fine but fewer buyers of those.

Don't try to compare it to a Shelby
Compare it to a Mustang....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Ldouble619

I only used a Shelby as a reference point because of its reported potential value of $200K +.  There are no mustangs worth that.  Other than B9's.

But yes, you are right, the market is much smaller for a cougar.