Author Topic: More junk from barn  (Read 2755 times)

Grumpy

• View Profile
More junk from barn
« on: October 13, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
Ok finding more stuff every time I start digging. Found 4 NOS 65/66 sill plates I bought in 1974. were not in a package. I forget if they were when I got em. need some cleaning up. Did a little digging an according to Marti Auto Works they are different from Converts to reg Mustangs. ?? I don't remember any difference. Then had the stickers for them. Middle one is original from 6S2378. What years are they used? # plates from 2007
   I had a new 70 Mach 1 CJ. Found this hanging on the barn wall. I remember goin to a short throw super shifter. Don't remember saving it.  Any info on this? The stuff ya pack away and forget. :-[

papa scoops

• View Profile
Re: More junk from barn
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 01:54:21 PM »
the sill plates on the convertibles were wider and flatter. (had wider rocker panel reinforcement) phred

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 01:17:47 AM »
Ok finding more stuff every time I start digging. Found 4 NOS 65/66 sill plates I bought in 1974. were not in a package. I forget if they were when I got em. need some cleaning up. Did a little digging an according to Marti Auto Works they are different from Converts to reg Mustangs. ?? I don't remember any difference.

Yes fastback and coupe are shaped differently

Then had the stickers for them. Middle one is original from 6S2378. What years are they used? # plates from 2007

The far right ones were the focus of a thread a site back - used during 1966 - Could use a pair I think. Don't think I've got a pair set back for the wife's car.

Far left some 65 and and the majority of 66

There are reproductions so you will want to check that also (of the sill plate labels) depending on your plans

Yes sure plenty of us have boxes of stuff hanging or hiding out around our garages
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

polyglas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 11:49:44 AM »
The door sill plates are for convertible with 76 prefix in the part number.

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 04:32:49 PM »
Thanks guys. We had a few 65/66/68 convertibles. After I bought the 66 Shelby (1974) I got a lot of stuff from Ford. It was amazing how much stuff was still available back then. Oh well. That was yesterday and yesterdays gone as the song goes. Have 2 barns to finish cleaning out ! Damm if these barns could talk !! Dad was a packrat an unfortunately I got it to ::)

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 05:22:09 PM »
The far right ones were the focus of a thread a site back - used during 1966 - Could use a pair I think. Don't think I've got a pair set back for the wife's car.

Far left some 65 and and the majority of 66

There are reproductions so you will want to check that also (of the sill plate labels) depending on your plans

Yes sure plenty of us have boxes of stuff hanging or hiding out around our garages

Time to do something with the rest of my parts. Question about the labels.
Had others that went with the car in the Ford box. I am 99% sure I got these when I bought the sill plates . What is the difference between originals and reproductions ?

thanks Dan