Author Topic: Bill Collins Car Show  (Read 3030 times)

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
Bill Collins Car Show
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:10:23 PM »
Hey, everyone, I took my son to the nearly all-Ford car show today at the Bill Collins Ford dealership here in Louisville. I got to meet Larry427 and his nice wife. I got to see 3 real Shelbys up close and personal. One was a survivor, which was a treat. There was a '67, a '69 and a '70. Unfortunately, 2 of the owners I met of these neat Shelbys, did not belong to S.A.A.C. or were on the forums. I'll try to get the owners to join, next time I get a chance to see some Shelbys. I look forward to meeting more of you at an Indiana S.A.A.C. event. Later.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
Re: Bill Collins Car Show
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 11:05:20 PM »
Hey, everyone, I took my son to the nearly all-Ford car show today at the Bill Collins Ford dealership here in Louisville. I got to meet Larry427 and his nice wife. I got to see 3 real Shelbys up close and personal. One was a survivor, which was a treat. There was a '67, a '69 and a '70. Unfortunately, 2 of the owners I met of these neat Shelbys, did not belong to S.A.A.C. or were on the forums. I'll try to get the owners to join, next time I get a chance to see some Shelbys. I look forward to meeting more of you at an Indiana S.A.A.C. event. Later.

Did you take any photos of these three Shelby's? Please post them here if you did.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:15:33 AM »
+ 1

Did you take any photos of these three Shelby's? Please post them here if you did.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »
I forgot to go back and take a picture of the '69. I did get a picture of the '70 and 2 of the '67. I'll post soon. Larry's 427 looks pretty correct in the interior. The trunk area was all aluminum.

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:30:24 PM »
Btw, what are those glass/plastic dots behind the roof scoops on those '67 Shelbys? And what the heck does it mean when people end their message with "phred"?

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 11:35:15 PM »
This is ..."phred"...(papa scoops)  the one in the shorts..,,S2MS...is the starter with the MUG.... 8)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »
This is ..."phred"...(papa scoops)  the one in the shorts..,,S2MS...is the starter with the MUG.... 8)
I miss that crazy guy in the shades next to Phred. I always get a smile when I see that picture.  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 12:16:48 PM »
We all miss Gary Campbell...he was one of a kind.... 8)

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 10:54:47 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you all lost such a dear friend.