News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Bondurant Driving School bankrupt

Started by Don Johnston, October 17, 2018, 05:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Hopefully they will be able to come out of it. A great school .You could almost call it a national treasure IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

98SVT - was 06GT

Down side is there is a driving school/experience at every big track in the world now. Ford pulled out when Bondo added gokarts. 
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Stillakid54

My memories are a great experience for us mere mortal drivers. Hopefully they can find a solution.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

In related news, iPhone gaming schools are turning away applicants.

ChicagoChris

Qualified for my SCCA from Bob's school in Feb 2007. Great fun and a really nice guy. Hope they can reorganize and get back in the right direction.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 2112 on October 18, 2018, 09:48:07 AM
In related news, iPhone gaming schools are turning away applicants.

...For the times they are a-changin'

Bob Dylan
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

CSX 4133

No one should doubt it's hard to maintain a driving school in todays world, Bondurant joins Skip Barber as recent schools filing Chapter 13.

427heaven

I have been going to Firebird raceway since the early 80s Dragstrip,boat races, open track events to name a few. What I have noticed is that as the years go by NO money is put back into the business. The track and facilities are dilapidated, I know first hand Bob and a few others live a very comfortable exisistance but the rest of it has gone to hell. Probably mis- appropriation of funds might have something to do with it. It has been taken over by the native indian tribe in that location and they have made a very nice shopping center and hotel complex next to the race track. The rag tag group of mechanics and drivers and engineers and designers from back in the day known as SHELBY AMERICAN were an anomaly and is what our memories of these fantastic cars are built from. The prices charged for these schools should allow for some money to flow back into the business, if not it too will fade into the distant memories of the greatest generation that could get things done.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CSX 4133 on October 18, 2018, 01:42:54 PM

No one should doubt it's hard to maintain a driving school in todays world, Bondurant joins Skip Barber as recent schools filing Chapter 13.
I believe The Bondurant school filed for chapter 11 protection which allows for reorganization hopefully. If things don't work out then on to chapter 13 where everything is liquidated in a organized fashion to pay off creditors. Just my basic rudimentary understanding so anyone in the know please help me if I'm wrong. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

ChicagoChris

A judge can deem the Ch 11 plan unworkable or in the case of Toys R Us they burned through their money too quickly under 11 and had to liquidate. 
Hope Bob can pull things together.

427heaven

I don't know what the contractual agreement between the race track and the TRIBE is  but I have heard they would rather get rid of all the racing activities and make a major (outlet) shopping center. Another race track might bite the dust ,lets hope not for the left coasters are running out of places to go! :-[

Sfm6sxxx

If they want to look to the future, they may want to offer classes for high performance autonomous driving.

6S1114

Even shopping centers are on their way out.

Ever hear of Amazon?