News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Engine restored for 6S1078

Started by Greg, October 18, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I was fortunate that the car had the original engine and had sat for 30 years.  Although it ran okay, I was concerned that it might not have been built properly (the owner said it had been done 30 years prior) so I pulled it and the transmission out (haven't built it yet).  The engine is pretty much done and broken it.  Sweet, sweet sound!!

I also decided the best place for it was inside  ;D (Heat, cool, conversation piece and SAFE!)
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

BGlover67

Would make one awesome coffee table!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

It looks great . How do you feel about constructive comments?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CSX 4133

You sir must either have the most understanding wife to allow that motor in your house, or your single. In either case I'm looking at going through the original motor on my Shelby down the road.

GT350Lad

Yep I do believe that engine is sitting in a carpeted bedroom! Good on you mate, good looking engine right where it needs to be! Although I agree with prev poster, my wife would have my bags packed but my engine is no where near as nice as yours!
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Greg

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 18, 2018, 11:52:31 PM
It looks great . How do you feel about constructive comments?

Bob, I have no issues with that as some day the car will probably be judged by you anyway :)

Greg

sfm6s1506

Nice , who did the rebuild for you?

J_Speegle

Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2018, 08:16:45 AM
Bob, I have no issues with that as some day the car will probably be judged by you anyway :)

First its great that your open to that.  And to that end

- What color are the side intake, therm & fuel pump gaskets?   

- Teflon tape on the rear carb plug - Pic #4

- Need to find an engine ID sticker/decal for over the coil and bracket.

Will leave a few for Bob since I think I know a couple he likes to mention often  :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Greg

Quote from: J_Speegle on October 19, 2018, 01:38:23 PM

Will leave a few for Bob since I think I know a couple he likes to mention often  :)

Thank you....
The gaskets
-Intake is dark gray
-Thermostat and Fuel pump are black

-Agreed on the tape
-I will find a sticker

Brant

Here is the proper location of the PCV hose fitting. Hose should then be shorter.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Greg

Quote from: Brant on October 19, 2018, 03:52:58 PM
Here is the proper location of the PCV hose fitting. Hose should then be shorter.

Thanks Brant, I assume the PCV hose is incorrect as well.  Do you have a picture/part number of the correct one?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2018, 03:55:49 PM
Quote from: Brant on October 19, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

Thanks Brant, I assume the PCV hose is incorrect as well.  Do you have a picture/part number of the correct one?
These guys have all of the things I had issues with . The main visable thing was the PCV in my eye. You can use the pcv hose you have . You take the pcv hose and cut it square where it starts to bend and jam it into the nipple of the fitting . You might want to remove the paper ring on the pcv valve. That was more for service parts instead of assemblyline valves.On the carb you have the wrong filter . It should be the courser thread and it fits into the brass adapter. Also the slotted vacuum plug on the metering block should be silver.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

You should get one of the 65 hipo primary wires from Brant that goes to the distributor to the coil. The correct one is a eyelet with black insulation instead of the right angle push on green service replacement.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Quote from: J_Speegle on October 19, 2018, 01:38:23 PM

Thank you....
The gaskets
-Intake is dark gray

-Agreed on the tape
-I will find a sticker
The fuel pump gasket should be white from the factory.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Thank you....
The gaskets
-Intake is dark gray

All three were originally off white originally. More on one side (one with the spray on adhesive) than the other

Don't have a thermostate gasket handly

Check the engine ID code and get one that matches how your car is equipped

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge