Author Topic: A Sedan  (Read 2104 times)

Poor Ron

• View Profile
A Sedan
« on: October 19, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
Today is the SCCA runoffs at Sonoma.  Andy is on the pole for the 3:40PM race.
3:40PM CALIFORNIA TIME
on SCCA.com
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:52:59 PM by Poor Ron »

Poor Ron

• View Profile
Re: A Sedan
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Lost the right rear wheel while leading the race :o

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: A Sedan
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:08:37 PM »
In the vintage race at SAAC 43, the aluminum Cobra won.  The driver was Ken Sutherland.   He is driving a Miata in the SM race tomorrow at 1:30pm and has the best time during the past three days of qualifying this week.

The photos below are of the Cobra at Kent, WA earlier this year with the entire team(Ludicrous Speed Racing), a summary of this week's qualifying times and a photo of the Miata.

I am particularly not a Miata fan, but I can appreciate the hard work put into the car and the driving by Ken.  If you were at SAAC 43 it was a real treat to see Ken slide that Cobra around the track.  It was so fast!  Starting in the back of the pack and getting to the front for the win.  All with an old 427 boat motor.   :)  (It was their last motor....other two motors blew up in previous races this summer and SAAC 43 was going to be the Cobra's last race for the season).   

I am rooting for Ken and the Ludicrous Speed Racing team because of how fun and nice they were to hang out with at SAAC 43.  Great people and Ford people too.  :)