Author Topic: instrument cluster  (Read 2539 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
instrument cluster
« on: October 23, 2018, 02:27:16 AM »
Hi----I came across instrument cluster for sale at price to good to be true. all the instruments are in almost new condition showing only 36,000 miles, however installing them on vehicle with different mileage how do you correct that error . Is part number same for all 1969/70 [Shelby and Mach 1] and are there production dates on instrument. I read about color o wood inserts on early 69  cars is light teak, or is there any other way to tell them apart.---Thank you

1967 eight barrel

Re: instrument cluster
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 03:44:34 AM »
Most competent speedometer shops can set the mileage to match your current reading.  They can clean and lubricate it while they're at it.
DO NOT USE TACHMAN! Trust me on this!

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »
Thanks

Andrew@MagMustangs

• View Profile
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
John, 1969 and 1970 are very different. You need to make sure you get a 69 cluster and for the Shelby it should have 140 mph speedo and 8000 rpm tach. Just look for C9ZF- part numbers on back of main surround bezel and printed circuit. 1970 would have D0ZF- numbers. Your car should have 'Walnut' wood color. Consider Teak a Blonde and Walnut a Brunette.  ;)

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:24 AM »
Just curious, since everything I’ve read described 70 Shelby’s as just leftover  retitled 69s with spoilers and I’m sure a few other things I’ve forgot, how can the dash vary from 69 to 70?

Not saying your wrong, 69 / 70 are the models I know the least about.

Thanks

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 12:44:29 AM »
Ok, my fault. I’m doing this on my phone with tired eyes. I just reread the question and yes I see that John was including Mustangs in the question.