News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Great Registry News

Started by Don Johnston, October 23, 2018, 04:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

Check your email notices, members. My SAAC cap is off to the boards decision on the format and all those who will be putting this together.  You people are amazing! 8)

GT350Lad

Yeah I agree Don, it's great news. Well done to all concerned and thanks  :D

6S373
6S1276

gjz30075

Totally agree!   When I saw the sample online Cobra Registry at the Cobra Experience at SAAC43,   I knew it was only a matter
of time for this work to reach the other Registries.
Greg Z
6S2249

Bill

Fantastic news, so much is still being discovered, both in cars, and in Shelby history, can't wait.  8)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Corey Bowcutt

I received the email but the news letter was blocked by my work so I was unable to read.  I have been dying to know what it says with a subject line "Be prepared to be surprised" it must be good.  I tried to find it on the SAAC website but was unsuccessful.  Any idea how I could get the news letter?

Corey

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

kingchief

Me too!  How do you get the info???

Steve
SFM 6S406

BGlover67

Great news.  Please remember to be kind to the Registrars moving forward.  This is an immense project to tackle.  Think about how much information has been discovered since the production of the last set of registries. 

If there is way the members on here can help with mundane tasks like data entry or anything, perhaps this forum can help coordinate that.  Too much work to have it fall all in the hands of just a few.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

acman63

start make ing notes every time you see an original car.  If the owner is willing ask him about past history
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

silverton_ford

It is very good news!  I am excited to see it when it is here.  A huge job, but also an important one too.

Looking at the link to enter 1965 information:  http://www.saac.com/registry_updates.html?tab=0#tabbedpanels1%23tabbedpanels1

There is a note: It is for owners to report ownership and other changes.

How would non-owners help submit information?  I understand it coming from an owner to keep facts and other information straight or if the owner even wants to share information.  Some owners probably don't want too much personal information shared, so I understand why it would be important to come from the owner.  There is probably a balance somewhere there.

I will volunteer to help any way I can.

Don Johnston

Bigfoot

The huge "economies of scale" we get from multi year hard cover books seems to make sense to me.
Not to mention the enormous effort to put out a catalogue raisonné,. every year.

Just one mans opinion

Onward and upward.....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

SFM6S087

Quote from: silverton_ford on October 23, 2018, 10:11:17 AM
It is very good news!  I am excited to see it when it is here.  A huge job, but also an important one too.

Looking at the link to enter 1965 information:  http://www.saac.com/registry_updates.html?tab=0#tabbedpanels1%23tabbedpanels1

How would non-owners help submit information?  I understand it coming from an owner to keep facts and other information straight or if the owner even wants to share information.  Some owners probably don't want too much personal information shared, so I understand why it would be important to come from the owner.  There is probably a balance somewhere there.

Brian,

The registrars are happy to get information from ANY source. In some cases, the more separate sources the better – in order to confirm certain info that has been submitted.

Yes, the online form you linked to is for owners. Non-owners should simply email the appropriate registrar with any info they have.

Let's face it, some owners are not forthcoming with info about their cars. Sometimes even selling without notifying SAAC. It those cases, it helps if non-owners keep the appropriate registrar posted. That can be done on a confidential basis if you think you might be stepping on someone's toes.

And don't think that just because you send something to a registrar it will automatically end up in print. While they will keep track of everything submitted, they are careful not to put something in print just because one person said it's true. Multiple sources or corroborating evidence is usually required.

In any case, the point of my reply is to encourage you (and anyone else following this topic) to always submit info you learn about a car to the appropriate registrar. If it's something they didn't know, they'll be happy to learn about it. If it's something they already knew, they'll appreciate the confirmation.

One caveat so I don't start getting hate mail from the registrars. Don't swamp them with inconsequential details. No one really cares when a car has its radiator cap polished or its tires aired up. Keep your submissions registry worthy.

Steve

silverton_ford

Quote from: SFM6S087 on October 24, 2018, 03:26:02 AM
Quote from: silverton_ford on October 23, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

Brian,

The registrars are happy to get information from ANY source. In some cases, the more separate sources the better – in order to confirm certain info that has been submitted.

Yes, the online form you linked to is for owners. Non-owners should simply email the appropriate registrar with any info they have.

Let's face it, some owners are not forthcoming with info about their cars. Sometimes even selling without notifying SAAC. It those cases, it helps if non-owners keep the appropriate registrar posted. That can be done on a confidential basis if you think you might be stepping on someone's toes.

And don't think that just because you send something to a registrar it will automatically end up in print. While they will keep track of everything submitted, they are careful not to put something in print just because one person said it's true. Multiple sources or corroborating evidence is usually required.

In any case, the point of my reply is to encourage you (and anyone else following this topic) to always submit info you learn about a car to the appropriate registrar. If it's something they didn't know, they'll be happy to learn about it. If it's something they already knew, they'll appreciate the confirmation.

One caveat so I don't start getting hate mail from the registrars. Don't swamp them with inconsequential details. No one really cares when a car has its radiator cap polished or its tires aired up. Keep your submissions registry worthy.

Steve

Thank you Steve.  I appreciate your response.  It is very helpful.

6s2020

Quote from: acman63 on October 23, 2018, 09:56:33 AM
start make ing notes every time you see an original car.  If the owner is willing ask him about past history

Just be sure you get the facts first hand from the car . Third party info leeds to false entries in the registry.

Like  "6S2020 was once painted white with 65 tacho pod" info not from owner. >:(