News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Modern Wheel - wheel cleaner

Started by terlingua11, October 24, 2018, 09:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

I'm glad you found the CODE Red to your liking. FYI, Surf City Garage has other great products in their product line.

Frank

Bob Gaines

I am optimistic on the code red working well but I haven't tried mine yet. I wanted to relate a story about my amazon purchase of code Red. I ordered it and it arrived at my friends Mustang business that I use for a ship to address for packages. He called and said something came and is smelling up his business. He said it smelled like perm smell at a beauty parlor. I immediately went there and found the package leaking and it was red on the floor. It did smell like perm at beauty parlor .I got it out of there and took if home with the widows rolled down. I opened the padded envelope and the bottle was sealed in another plastic bag but the bag didn't seal . After taking out of the bag I discovered the top was loose. About 1/4 of the bottle was gone . I figured out that it was clear initially and actually has a pleasant smell until it starts to activate on something dirty. when activated it has that terrible smell . If you get it on your hands aviated it took me about 5 times washing with goop to get the smell off. If you get on your cloths forget about it .You have to change them. You have to change cloths and wash them to get the smell out. The smell stuck in may van and I had to scrub the rubber mat and add odor neutralizer to get the smell out. This stuff better work great because I don't know if it is worth the side effects. Amazon replaced my bottle so I look forward to trying this on some wheels but I will wear some rubber gloves for sure.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

prototypefan

Code red is likely similar to a product car pro makes....Iron X

Yup it smells to high heaven

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html

Once you get past your troubles with the leaking package, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

It sprays on a greenish gray and turns blue berry purple after it has worked over dirt and brake duct.

terlingua11

Thanks for the heads up. Mine arrived without issue. It's been terrible weather here for the last 2 weeks. Cold, rainy off and on, so I have not tried the product as of yet. I will definitely be using gloves and I will need some sort of safe container to transport it in if I choose to leave it in my car. Sounds like it's not worth getting spilled on ANYTHING.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

OldGuy

I don't think that this is one of the products that you NEED to carry in your car. You really don't have to use it too often as it takes a while for brake dust to accumulate (unless you have brake pads with a high metallic content). If you think about it, ANYTHING that will chemically remove nasty old brake dust (without scrubbing) has got to be potent stuff! I store mine on the shelf of a metal cabinet in a plastic tray and use it when necessary. The only "cleaning" products that I carry in the car are detailer spray and glass cleaner-both of which are pretty benign (chemically).

You have the right idea about wearing gloves when using any product of this type. You need to wear safety glasses/eye shielding also. It is nothing to be paranoid about-just respect it's hazards.

Frank