News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

ownership intervals

Started by vtgt500, October 25, 2018, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtgt500

Curious, these cars and '60s vintage muscle cars in general appeal to a more mature crowd.  The cost and reliability are something few younger folks can or wish to participate with.  Project cars are a loosing proposition as current labor costs to professionally restore often outweigh any potential resale.  Question becomes, is there a typical ownership interval before a mature owner cashes in?  Thinking many cars may have 10 or more owners by now.

jguyer

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

67_1183

Second owner for the past 42 years.  No need or desire to "cash in".
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

2nd owner since Dec 1971, not selling yet, having too much fun
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Only had mine since 82.Its old but I think I'll keep it.... 8)

Don Johnston

Fourth owner since 1983.  Still enjoying the ride.

GT350Lad

I guess I am in the young crowd, 4th owner in the history, just updated Howard for the new registry
6S373
6S1276

TOBKOB

1st private owner (Hertz) since July 1970. Since she predates my wife by a year she is a permanent family member.   :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Rocket

Only owner since Hertz, August 1967, and no plans to find a new owner. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

jk66gt350

3rd owner since 1986.  Way too much fun to part with.

papa scoops

it's about the fun and history, not the money. same owner for last gabillion years. phred

Wedgeman

mark p

We're the 3rd owners of the Tiger, bought it in 1985.

no plans to sell... I usually say, "they can bury me in it - or the kids can fight over it"  ;D
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

kjspeed

I've only owned 2148 for a year, but I'm only the 4th owner.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Shelby_r_b

It's funny how ownership timing can work. The previous owner of my 67 Shelby had it for 43 years, yet he was the 4th or 5th owner.

The previous owner of my 66 Shelby had it for over 49 years, and he was the 3rd owner.

I had a 68 convertible for less than 2 years. Great car, but didn't resonate with me like the 66 and 67. So I sold it. The previous owner had it for 10 years.

I'd venture to say that these cars are quite special and people like to hang onto them overall.
Nothing beats a classic!