News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

ownership intervals

Started by vtgt500, October 25, 2018, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

Second owner for the past 51 1/2 years.  Purchased with 1,100 miles on meter. Not for sale at any price, ever. Some things just can't be replaced.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

6s1802

Have had 6S1802 since '81, it will go to which ever one of my grandsons avoids prison and appreciates what it is. He will also have to know how to adjust valves.

Wedgeman

3rd owner for 46 years...no plans to sell....last link to my misguided....UTE..... ::)

roddster

I've had mine since January of 1971.  Third owner.  No plans to sell it.  Built a 66 Mustang coupe to beat on.  Had that for 25+ yers.  Sold it and am building a Lil'Red clone for fun.

Don Johnston

I am guessing that if you surveyed the auction and dealer trades, those might have a higher turnover for investment purposes, unless the vehicle is of high historical value that are to be held as a museum piece.

camp upshur

I'm a second owner. Bought it in January 1975, almost 44 yrs! It's a 65. Original owner bought it at High Performance Motors.
It's a 'day two' car. One of the few 'drivers' left. Thankful kept original drivetrain and wheels!
Probably be selling more sooner than later.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: camp upshur on October 26, 2018, 08:21:50 PM

I'm a second owner. Bought it in January 1975, almost 44 yrs! It's a 65. Original owner bought it at High Performance Motors.
It's a 'day two' car. One of the few 'drivers' left. Thankful kept original drivetrain and wheels!
Probably be selling more sooner than later.
Driving is the best part
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

69mach351w

I don't own a Shelby, but our Mach is the next best thing.

69 Mach in family since Jan. '70,  '67 since '79.

Drive 'em all the time, even in the winter when roads are clear ;D

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 69mach351w on October 27, 2018, 04:02:22 PM
I don't own a Shelby, but our Mach is the next best thing.

69 Mach in family since Jan. '70,  '67 since '79.

Drive 'em all the time, even in the winter when roads are clear ;D
Do you run a Holley or the stock Autolite given all of the years owned ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

66TotalPerf

Good thread!

I don't own a Shelby yet but my '66 was purchased as a disassembled shell in 2003, when I was 21, and it took a while for me to build. I can definitely relate to the feeling many have regarding never selling, as I only recently truly sorted everything allowing me to reliably drive distances. Now that I can finally enjoy her out and about I'm certainly not going to sell.

Looks like I'm one of the younger owners with *only* 15-years time.  ;) My father bought 6s1097 in the late-80s and I was able to restore the car with him throughout my teenage years, which developed my life-long passion for Shelby Mustangs!

-Brent
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

vtgt500

Being 3rd owner having purchased in '77 can assume these cars do not appear on the market all that often.  Perhaps lending cause to demand and supply.

8T03S1425

Jay Leno spoke to this topic on an episode featuring his '65 GT350. He said these are a fun to own investments, and unlike investing in stocks and bonds, nobody sells a Shelby.

I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

gt350shelb

between the two of us we have had shelby s in our lives for 85 years total .  I have owned 212 longer than the 2 previous owners combined .  and i dont see it going anywhere  ;D
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

427heaven

Probably 80-90 percent are long term true enthusiast ownership, the other 10-20 percent are car flippers that don't know, care or understand much about the cars as long as they make money in the process. That's the American way, similar to other marques I'm sure.

FH187

Owned #187 since christmas eve 1986.Restored twice over the years,plan is to use it more as it should've been.Only problem is that the value of these cars,require some caution in traffic!?
Will be caretaker of 187 for some time to come.Just hope that our politicians allow us to buy gas!Not many living here,but we're destined to save the world...Tesla and likes are popular,due to free passing at toll roads.           ::)