News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

00212 IN DETAIL

Started by gt350shelb, January 20, 2018, 08:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I will load some more later this afternoon....let's re-start the 212 detail thread! Wahoooooooo

KDunne

It was a very good thread on the old site.  Lots of details in there.

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

gt350shelb

Ok a little history  on 00212 .....   Original owner  had car from 68 till about 71- 72   he drove it   from Clifton NJ  to JFK airport in NYC  where he worked .  He shared many stories of being pulled over  by NYPD   who would be  patrolling late nights when parkways were less congested ..... while he was making it his personal challenged to get  home faster every night .    circa 1971 the car was involved in a front end collision  /it was repaired  but never to the original owners  liking .  Soon after  he sold car  to 2nd owner  from park ridge nj  . this owner  put  hardly any miles on the car over 16 years of ownership.  (less than 2000miles) he had the entire car painted to freshen it up. 
I became the caretaker  of this 68 GT 350 in  1987 .  back then it had  52k miles and had only 2 previous owners.

Car was sold thru Dockery Ford Morristown nj   1968 GT350 4 speed 3.89 open rear / non a/c  non /tilt  Wimbledon white, black interior  fastback   

The car was my daily driver,  in the 1st year of ownership I  quickly added another 50k miles to the odometer.

And it was  driven ........ in the rain / snow / ice storms /and some sunny days too!

When the car was in my hands in the early years  it was only 5 miles from where the original owner lived . It was 20 years before I knew who that was.  (thanks  to Vinny) . Also increasing the odds that I had seen the car as a child.
I and  the Shelby  began a whirlwind tour of the north east in the early years . I moved from northern  NJ to New Hampshire then back to NJ  then up to Danbury CT  about 1999 I moved back to nj and the car was partially disassembled then . It sat waiting to repainted for about another 10 years .   

disclaimers and variations in some of the photos  will be noted thru this process.

I added factory a/c to the car  in the 90s  so some of the photos  show the car with a/c  (this is not original to the car )  it is now  back to a non a/c car :)   late 1980s the original engine  burned a piston  and was pulled  from car  and set aside .  A Rebuilt 65 289 non  hipo was put in ......and a wide variety of intakes have been tested on that .060 over 65 block . 4bbl steel/ 4bbl alum / 2x4 cobra / 3x2 manifold  now running an alum ford lettered  cobra type manifold .  with a c6fe 2x4 trans am intake waiting for the new  engine  :)

Transmission and driveline are all factory installed parts  still in the car .

The Interior is completely stock and original with the exception being the Recaro seats that have been in the car since shortly after I bought it .

The body  is original sheetmetal with the exception of both front fenders  that were replaced with ford ones in about 1998.  the originals were  too far gone to even consider saving .  floor pans were repaired about 1994

The Fiber glass.........

The front Lower valance is original to the car and is a early production  hand laid type of fiber glass I think I have only seen 3 or 4 of these
the rest of glass is original assembly line parts
I do not know if the headlight  buckets are the originals to the car from ao smith  ,  due to the  early  body repairs   they may have been replace at that point with ford parts .  I'm very confident that every other  fiberglass part is original.

I Hope everyone  chimes in like the original post  it is the collective knowledge  and  supporting photos from  other shelbys  that help answer the questions that will come up in the process. If you  add photos from your car to this thread  be sure to add the car number  to the  post . 

OK I will get to digging thru the archive and get this ball rolling again .

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

Since Coralsnake started with some engine photos I will dig  for the date code photos 1st 
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

gt350shelb