Author Topic: Pinch weld  (Read 1828 times)

Cam shaft

• View Profile
Pinch weld
« on: October 26, 2018, 09:27:08 AM »
Would  the pinch welds  on a 1970 500  be correctly  finished  as other 1969 mustangs? 

Thank you!!!!

Special Ed

• View Profile
Re: Pinch weld
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:42:31 AM »
blacked out on all colors but black & black jade according to assembly manual

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »
As ed said Yes. Just another Mustang or Cougar going down that line to the workers pretty much. 
Have found original black jade Dearborn cars with the detail (blacked out. Guess they didn't want the worker to fall asleep during those cars or he just figured - do one do them all.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
As ed said Yes. Just another Mustang or Cougar going down that line to the workers pretty much. 
Have found original black jade Dearborn cars with the detail (blacked out. Guess they didn't want the worker to fall asleep during those cars or he just figured - do one do them all.

I had an original Boss 429  Black Jade KK1288   that had the rockers blacked out
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »

I had an original Boss 429  Black Jade KK1288   that had the rockers blacked out
I have seen many examples of black jade blacked out also. Black and Black Jade didn't have to be done as Ed mentioned and is correct on as he made me aware 30 some years ago however I envision a assemblyline worker on auto pilot thinking about other things then the job at hand and spraying the black jade cars too. that would be the most logical explanation IMHO.  It wasted a small amount of paint which is why most likely they were not supposed to be done however it didn't hurt anything or need to be corrected if it was done. When judging I have always given the black Jade cars the benefit of the doubt ether way given the survivor observations and others have seen. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby