Author Topic: 67 GT350 #1210 up on Ebay (photos include an altered DSO "SVO" document)  (Read 10702 times)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: 67 GT350 #1210 up on Ebay (photos include an altered DSO "SVO" document)
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
Care was offered through private sales a while back as a potential buyer sent me a link and info that the seller had past on. If I recall (likely someplace in my pile waiting for labeling) the car was in Europe for a while and was featured in an article over there
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 67 GT350 #1210 up on Ebay (photos include an altered DSO "SVO" document)
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:13 AM »
I don't see any documents posted presently on the car.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

From Jeff Francis:

When we restored the car we used paint code 1901 silver frost which was on both the Marti Report and the document from Ford provided by Dave Matthews the 1967 Shelby registrar, both attached. Sometime later contact was made http://bigbilllove.com/WHOO_Orlando_Florida.html which revealed an original photo of the car in its original color, gray. Kevin Marti was confronted and here’s his response: I believe I'm beginning to see where some confusion is coming from. The 1997 Shelby Registry contains the information that the paint code for the 1967 Shelbys painted Charcoal Gray as Ford paint code 1901 on page 1280. They correctly give it as Ford paint code C, which is a Thunderbird color, but when they supplied the Ford reference number of 1901, they made a mistake. It should be listed as 1900. As these were Shelby records that the 1967 Shelby reports were drawn from, this error has been perpetuated throughout subsequent writings by anyone out in the Shelby world. I would suggest contacting the Shelby Club about the error on any future matter about this issue.

If you want us to produce a report for you with the reference number listed as 1900, we would be glad to at no charge. Return the report you have (since it has the holographic anti-forgery sticker per your picture) to us and we will be glad to list that as 1900.

Thank you,

Kevin Marti
Marti Auto Works
www.martiauto.com
12007 W. Peoria Ave.
El Mirage, AZ 85335
(623)935-2558

Just two years ago I decided to refinish the car again so it would be perfect and fresh. A few of us Shelby enthusiasts discussed painting #1210 back its original color, but decided upon leaving it 1901 Silver Frost due to the following. For nearly a third of the car’s life it had been Silver Frost, during this time the car has won numerous awards while in my stable, spent time in Paris and Monaco, been featured in German and French magazines and TV programs, as well as a cool video on the streets of Monaco and at a yacht party for Prince Albert of Monaco  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwheSbnhaI&t=13s  We unanimously voted to repaint the car in its current color, Silver Frost. The body and paint is perfect!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
It sure is pretty.