News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Side scoop ducting hose screws

Started by Doug B, October 30, 2018, 11:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug B

I'm replacing the side scoop ducting hoses in my GT350. What size screws were used ( AMK #)? Are they the same for both ends? I can find the ducting hoses in the MPC but not the attaching hardware.

Pictures are an added bonus.

Thanks, Doug
69 Shelby GT350 #0170 Fastback 4spd non-A/C
07 Shelby GT500 #4022

Doug B

Sorry Ed. Fastback, 4 speed non A/C car. I usually try to add this as I know it matters.

Doug
07 Shelby GT500 #4022

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Special Ed

yes panhead self starting (cutter) screws (same on both ends of hose on a vert qtr panel)but i think he wants to know what attached the other end of hose on fastback plastic scoop box end.

J_Speegle

Looks like same at both ends - at the scoop enclosure screws are inserted from inside the enclose to the hose end so the head of the screws are in the scoop based on the pictures I have 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

These are the same screws as used to hold the Shelby tail panel on at the lip of the trunk opening. That comparison might make them easier to source . At one time AMK sold the exact screw for that application. I can't vouch for currently as I have not bought those from him in a couple of years.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Doug B

Thanks Ed, Jeff and Bob. I'm interested in the screws for both ends. Glad to hear they are the same and the comparison to the tail panel is very helpful.

Doug
07 Shelby GT500 #4022