News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Today in Automotive History - Eleanor goes down PG13 version. 11- 01- 2007

Started by FL SAAC, November 01, 2018, 05:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

13 gallons of Bondo... in one car?!?!?  Was there ANY sheet metal left?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 01, 2018, 06:30:21 PM
13 gallons of Bondo... in one car?!?!?  Was there ANY sheet metal left?

a true continuation car.....lol

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bill

It was an eye opening time for the automotive aftermarket industry, that had a trickle down effect in the kit car industry as well. A truly ugly time for well heeled buyers who were sold a faulty bill of goods, with the Shelby name attached, who came out losing hundreds of thousands of dollars of their hard earned money, with nothing to show for it in the end.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

427heaven

Quote from: 2112 on November 02, 2018, 11:01:02 AM
Whatever happened to the main players at Unique?
Well Chip Foose designed all that stuff and made off like a bandit, a few went to the Graybar hotel and the rest just seemed to scatter like rats if it was proven to the Feds that they had no real interest in bilking customers funds. I am not privy how the legal proceedings went but what was the equivalent to 10 cents on the dollar went to a few clients. That wouldn't lesson the sting at all but it was a dark time for sure to ride the wave of these cars.

roddster

Quote from: Bill on November 02, 2018, 05:33:26 AM
It was an eye opening time for the automotive aftermarket industry, that had a trickle down effect in the kit car industry as well. A truly ugly time for well heeled buyers who were sold a faulty bill of goods, with the Shelby name attached, who came out losing hundreds of thousands of dollars of their hard earned money, with nothing to show for it in the end.

They used their "stupid money".

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Richstang

Quote from: 427heaven on November 02, 2018, 11:29:53 AM
Well Chip Foose designed all that stuff and made off like a bandit, a few went to the Graybar hotel and the rest just seemed to scatter like rats if it was proven to the Feds that they had no real interest in bilking customers funds. I am not privy how the legal proceedings went but what was the equivalent to 10 cents on the dollar went to a few clients. That wouldn't lesson the sting at all but it was a dark time for sure to ride the wave of these cars.

Steve Sanford designed Eleanor. Chip Foose only helped develop the 1:1 body in clay so the parts could be molded.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Richstang on February 03, 2019, 05:19:47 PM

Steve Sanford designed Eleanor. Chip Foose only helped develop the 1:1 body in clay so the parts could be molded.

Rich,
Just a question...do you mean Steve Stanford?  I knew him, back in the '80s. Nice guy and great car illustrator.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston

tesgt350

Chip Foose designed the Car for "Disney" and made off like a bandit.  He had nothing to do with building any of the Aftermarket Cars.