News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Annoying words sellers use when advertising a car

Started by BGlover67, November 05, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

68stangcjfb

68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

"Investment quality"...What the f does that mean?By it's very nature anything you buy is "investment quality"...Is it because investment is a big word that sounds good?Puzzling....

roddster

My show sign photo featured in the October 1990 issue of Mustang Monthly.  Spent about a half hour taking these little gems out of the Sunday Chicago Tribune

rbarkley

Great Father Son Project - Meaning your going to need your Dad to bail you out.

Great Winter Project - Meaning its too darn cold to work in the garage, so let's wait until Spring to figure out what all is wrong with it!

It's only original once - Meaning there isn't an original part left on it!

Great Patina -  Meaning too cheap to get a nice paint job!

Don Johnston

Quote from: roddster on November 10, 2018, 02:03:37 PM
  My show sign photo featured in the October 1990 issue of Mustang Monthly.  Spent about a half hour taking these little gems out of the Sunday Chicago Tribune

Ding, ding, ding....I think we have a winner here! 8)

shelbydoug

Just all the shady side of "used car salesman's" antics. Consistent with the current term usage of the "alternative facts" phrase, or maybe the use of "truth isn't truth" by "America's Mayor"?

I am reminded that the Confucius phrase of, "may you live in interesting times", is intended to be a curse on you and your offspring. It sure is both interesting and a curse.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 11, 2018, 07:54:52 AM
Just all the shady side of "used car salesman's" antics. Consistent with the current term usage of the "alternative facts" phrase, or maybe the use of "truth isn't truth" by "America's Mayor"?

I am reminded that the Confucius phrase of, "may you live in interesting times", is intended to be a curse on you and your offspring. It sure is both interesting and a curse.
.  Bingo.....

Swiss-Stang

"Leather interior" when descriping a 65 - 73 Mustang.

mgreene

Fox bodied Mustangs with "Boss" engine.

Camero.

1st gen Mustangs with "V-6" engines.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

427heaven

You need to have the ability to weed thru the descriptions, and make a determination is this an informed seller or just another knucklehead trying to make a buck. A good friend of mine has been chasing cars -no not Wayne Carini for the last 50 years. Here is why we need to not let a description slow our roll while looking for our next car. A couple of years ago a woman placed an add in a local newspaper ( remember those) about an old Mustang , my friend calls up asks questions and is told its an old Mustang with a big engine that used to drink a lot of gas, it hasn't moved in decades, it is buried in a pile of stuff in the garage, she said she remembered it had plastic covering the back seat and it has 4 flat tires rotting into the ground. So my buddy had to think for a moment what he wanted to do, the car was approx. 150 miles away it was about 107 degrees out and he needed to scrape up 20k for a CASH ONLY sale he wasn't feeling up to it so he called another friend of ours to go have a look. The next day our supposed friend pulls up with a Green 67  GT 500 4 speed on his trailer  with 37,000 original miles with original plastic factory seat cover on back seat for 20k. From that day on we decided never ever say NO if you have a lead on something. :-[

Peter L.

KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

Doug C

Quote from: 427heaven on November 13, 2018, 08:45:59 AM
You need to have the ability to weed thru the descriptions, and make a determination is this an informed seller or just another knucklehead trying to make a buck. A good friend of mine has been chasing cars -no not Wayne Carini for the last 50 years. Here is why we need to not let a description slow our roll while looking for our next car. A couple of years ago a woman placed an add in a local newspaper ( remember those) about an old Mustang , my friend calls up asks questions and is told its an old Mustang with a big engine that used to drink a lot of gas, it hasn't moved in decades, it is buried in a pile of stuff in the garage, she said she remembered it had plastic covering the back seat and it has 4 flat tires rotting into the ground. So my buddy had to think for a moment what he wanted to do, the car was approx. 150 miles away it was about 107 degrees out and he needed to scrape up 20k for a CASH ONLY sale he wasn't feeling up to it "so he called another friend of ours to go have a look". The next day our supposed friend pulls up with a Green 67  GT 500 4 speed on his trailer  with 37,000 original miles with original plastic factory seat cover on back seat for 20k. From that day on we decided never ever say NO if you have a lead on something. :-[

Just wondering "so he called another friend of ours to go have a look" So did this friend become an ex-friend?

R Code

- Chris