News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Annoying words sellers use when advertising a car

Started by BGlover67, November 05, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

So heres how it went... There are a group of us about 6-7 that buy sell trade amongst each other, my friend who made the initial call who we will say FOUND the car passed on the opportunity and told another in our group about the car. That person is not as close a friend as the one that made the call, those 2 are tight with each other. I show up the following weekend for some fun at some swap meet and the story is shared with all of us. The FIRST thing that pops into my head is that's FU.... up that was the consensus of all of us. So we all review what might be the right thing to do and it is mentioned that yes he passed on it but had his friend not been given the lead he would not have that car under his ownership. If someone benefits substantially from something that the minimum get you off the hook, would be to offer a percentage of said profits. So put in a different way... If you spend 20k on something that might be valued at 175- 200k at your friends dismay what is the right thing? Rumor has it he flipped my friend a 100.00 and said thanks man... Needless to say he is not welcome anymore :(

R Code

Quote from: 427heaven on November 14, 2018, 04:53:25 PM
...Rumor has it he flipped my friend a 100.00 and said thanks man... Needless to say he is not welcome anymore :(

Like 'ole weezey (my mom) used to say: "Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy class."
- Chris

427heaven

1961 falcon fo do missin engine tranny 650.00   saleing fo 40k dunn..... Ahhhh maybe not :-[

1967 eight barrel

One of the most misused terms I have seen in recent history is "Survivor". Then they go on to tell you about the restoration......

Peter L.

KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

NC TRACKRAT

"Creampuff", "Must see to appreciate" and....wait for it...."MINT"!   ::)
5S071, 6S1467

Peter L.

"Older restoration". Meaning it needs to be restored again.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

69mach351w

"Get it while you can, won't last at this price"

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

BGlover67

I like the Nova ad.  The 'seen my car on Barrett JACKSON' is a daily occurrence.  The uneducated masses.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

427heaven

Like it or not the Big Boys over at BJ, set the tone for what happens the rest of the year following the SCOTTSDALE show- (Price wise)