Author Topic: 1969 Cougar XR-7 “R Code” convertible at the Russo & Steele Auction - Scottsdale  (Read 6216 times)

SCJSTU

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Lot #770 - This 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 convertible is one of 37 built with a 428ci Cobra Jet engine with Ram-Air induction and an automatic transmission. A copy of the Ford Shipping Invoice and the Marti Report confirm that this car was sold new at Star Lincoln-Mercury Sales in Glendale, CA. With a rust-free body, this Cougar is equipped with a long list of options and accessories, including power steering, power disc brakes, power windows, power top, tilt steering column, leather bucket seats with sports console, AM/FM radio, tinted glass, tachometer and gauges, styled steel wheels

just sold Thursday  at BJ for $51,700,   don't know how it compares to yours........good luck with the sale......
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1 Azure Blue
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU bagged
1961 Falcon 2 door wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD custom

gt350shelb

• View Profile
If anyone here is at Russo & Steele  be sure to stop by  R code and  bring  him a beer ...... ask for a story  in return  about the car  history / adventures..... you might need more than one beer  but it will be fun conversations.
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Special Ed

• View Profile
Hope your car does good just watched on the screen the 67 gt 500 shows 60.000    surely not anybody there know what happened with the 67 sale? thanks

427heaven

• View Profile
Wrong rearend, wrong trans, color change white to Brittany Blue, missing original SHELBY tag. Saw I believe Jeff S hovering around it ;D Guy couldn't answer the most basic questions about it got a little nervous and left. :-[

Special Ed

• View Profile
2992  67 gt500 shows in registry  brittany blue auto  from tn.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
For the 67 the reserve was dropped.
 Looked like possibly one  bidder
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:56:44 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427heaven

• View Profile
Saw pictures from the late 60s was painted white then, paperwork from Tennessee, Georgia,  but man it was an oddity. I don't know how owner ended up with it because he didn't know much about these cars and he didn't want to fix anything, just seemed nervous and fidgety when I asked him the most simple questions. Didn't register or insure it or change the title into his name until he had to, to sell at auction oh well that one was not for me...  a few other real nice ones up the freeway at BJ.  :D

427heaven

• View Profile
Jeff- Was that you hovering around the Brittany Blue 67 around 1.30 today? ;)

SCJSTU

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Any update on how this Cougar fared at Russo?
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1 Azure Blue
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU bagged
1961 Falcon 2 door wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD custom

jk66gt350

• View Profile
Pretty sure it went for $73K + buyers fee.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Jeff- Was that you hovering around the Brittany Blue 67 around 1.30 today? ;)

Didn't have a watch on  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427heaven

• View Profile
I did... ;D Were you there?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
I did... ;D Were you there?

Was at R$S on friday
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:05:16 PM by J_Speegle »

427heaven

• View Profile
I had a lot going on time wise and had to leave R-S and head up the highway to BJ and others. Would have liked to say hello but was sprinting out of there, hope all is well and all had a good time. I sure did... Take care. :)