Author Topic: Recommendations appreciated for aluminum wheel repair  (Read 1942 times)

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
Recommendations appreciated for aluminum wheel repair
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »
I've been told that lateral runout repairs cannot be done on a wheel, but I'm wondering if there are some experts out there who can help me.  I have 20 year old PS engineering PIN drive wheels and one of them has lateral runout issues on the inside of the wheel, which can't be seen or measured with the tire mounted.  The wheels look cosmetically fine, but there is some vibration at highway speeds on some roads caused by this.  I've tried road force balancing 2 different new tires with no luck in removing the vibration completely.  I would like to have my wheel rebuilt or repaired if possible by a skilled tech familiar with these repairs.  Like I said, my local wheel repair guys here don't know how to repair lateral runout. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I will dismount tire and ship if necessary to the right shop/tech.

Troy

Tom Bosilevac

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendations appreciated for aluminum wheel repair
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »
ITHERTZ,
I was googling wheel repairs the other day and came across this website. I don't know anything about them but they might be able to help you.
Tom
http://weldcraftwheels.com/

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
Re: Recommendations appreciated for aluminum wheel repair
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »
Thank you.  I also noticed this company - They seem to do good work.  I'm hoping for suggestions from this group who have actually had similar work done or know somebody who understands these types of wheels (Cobra knockoff PIN drive)