Author Topic: Head Light Switch  (Read 301 times)

Fast Fords

• View Profile
Head Light Switch
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »
My head light switch has started to let me down. After driving for a certain length of time with the lights on, they eventually turn off. I think this is caused from the switch heating up.

My question is, can I replace the '67 switch with that of a '69 Mustang head light switch ?  Is it a straight swap ?

Appreciate the help....Greg.

JD

• View Profile
Re: Head Light Switch
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:46:24 PM »
Most of the '67 replacement switches can handle the extra lights.

(Yes the originals were not up to the task of the added lights - the grille lights are high-beams)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

mjv458

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 02:34:29 AM »
a friend recommended using one from a 1967 Cougar.

1967 eight barrel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 07:32:09 AM »
If you actually drive your vehicle there is a new plug and play relay that is easily hidden. No issue running halogen bulbs, they don't fluctuate and stay bright as a constant, even at idle. I bought them for my Shelby.
                                                                                                    -Keith
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
"If It's Not Boeing, I'm Not Going!"

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »
I replaced the 12 Amp standard Mustang switch with an 18 Amp for a 69 Mustang on my 67 Shelby.
Don't remember if I had to transfer the old bracket over to the new one.
Texas Swede

Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »
Where can I buy the relay? Thanks Kent

Bob Gaines

• Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »
The relay would be the last resort unless you added non factory high output lights. Just my opinion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby