News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 Taillight kit - has anyone ever seen one before

Started by acman63, November 08, 2018, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

This is something I didn't know existed .  This is a kit for a pair of tailight frames,  bezels and nos gaskets.  One of my old customers dropped by to see me this last week . He was a parts manager for a Ford garage back in the performance era and he had saved these and some other parts for many years and I told him Id help sell them .  .  He had two of these kits that were labeled 69 GT350 .  He said it was some sort of promotion but was unsure .  The parts are the old assemblyline parts,  dark red lenses and properly painted chrome bezels which haven't been serviced in at least 30 years.   Ive owned many nos lens gaskets but none like these.  There are no part numbers on the boxes that I can still see. The parts fit inside the boxes perfectly like they were made for them . If anyone has seen these before Id like to know more about the campaign

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

papa scoops

maybe the gaskets go between the taillamp body and the rear body panel (plastic or metal)?? phred

acman63

no  the correct gaskets are part of that large gasket with a parting line to take them off easily.  Im guessing this was an AO Smith deal
SAAC Concours Chairman