News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Headlamp door rivet

Started by TXShelbyman, November 09, 2018, 08:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXShelbyman

Can someone refresh my memory on the headlamp door rivet. I have one headlamp door with a rivet through the side of it and the other side does not have it. It was explained on the old board...Thanks!
When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428

TLea

If you were talking about the fiberglass headlight bucket  then yes the rivet on the side is supposed to be there and it gets painted over. Some late service pieces do not have the rivet

TXShelbyman

When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428

DC-DD

Just an FYI if you are thinking about adding that missing rivet I would suggest using aluminum over steel one as the force needed to crimp the steel one could and will cause fiberglass damage in the area.

Dominic

TXShelbyman

Dominic, did you use a washer on the back side of the bucket? The one bucket of mine that had a rivet in it had a metal washer on the back side of the rivet where it expands...

Formally watts428