News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fan Shroud Repair

Started by 8T03S1425, November 09, 2018, 08:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8T03S1425

Some time ago, my fan shroud broke when it was in storage. It's since been repaired and painted black to mask the repair. I've since stripped off the black paint and was hoping I can have the repair masked to better match the original appearance.

What services are out there to address this situation?

I bought a bunch of acrylic colors from an arts and craft chain store, thinking I may be able to blend up a color, but that may be an exercise in futility and frustration.

Here's what I dealing with:

In addition to the repair, there are a few spots that seem to have been discolored by a chemical.

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

Bob Gaines

I have seen some that were ten times worse that these guys fixed correctly . http://billupsclassiccars.com/About_Us.htm . It will not be cheap but if it is a C8-A assemblyline shroud it is worth it. not so much if it a later service replacement .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

8T03S1425

Thank you for the recommendation Bob.

I'll check in with Billups and see where we can go from here.

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

Harris Speedster

A long time buddy, Chris Brown, has done remarkable work in repairing these.
Best regards,
john
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

papa scoops

go to dog groomer or barber shop, get grey/white short hairs from recent cuts, spray flat black, while still wet, sprinkle hairs into wet paint, pat down flat, let dry, mix a little brown/grey/black mix paint, lightly spray over, scuff over lightly so hairs just pop thru, finish with semi (or flat) clear. INSTALL NEW CAUTION FAN DECAL! (ha ha) phred