Author Topic: Toys for Tots -2018  (Read 1535 times)

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Toys for Tots -2018
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »
The trunk of "The Great Pumpkin" is now filled with toys for the Marine's annual Toys for Tots campaign.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, my spare funds were stretched ultra thin this year, but I was still able to shop smart and fill the trunk with over 140 toys for the children this year. Unlike my earlier in the fall season donations, these will be delivered this coming Thursday or Friday when the Marines are set up near the main entrance to town. My wife and I have done this for over 20 years and is out way of giving to those children less fortunate than our own.

How about you guys/gals, do you do something similar this time of the year?
Do you do it is style like we do?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:55:13 AM by Bill »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Toys for Tots -2018
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:43:00 PM »
We have done it for over 30 years here. Coming up again Nov. 24. Our club frequenly hosts with all other local auto and truck clubs.  Usual turnout is around four hundred plus cars dropiping of loads of toys for the Marines.   8)

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:59:42 PM »
We have done it for over 30 years here. Coming up again Nov. 24. Our club frequenly hosts with all other local auto and truck clubs.  Usual turnout is around four hundred plus cars dropiping of loads of toys for the Marines.   8)

This was last years local club annual, clearly a common theme  8)

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »
At our Model A club's Christmas party we all bring toys for the "Stockings of Love" program and at our AACA club's Christmas party we donate to Toys for Tots. We always have a pretty good stack of toys and cash for them.  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

rbarkley

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
Nicely done Bill!

We have several drives a year at our church for local community centers.  This fall ...
Raised 10k diapers for local pregnancy resource center
Raised 1000 pair of socks for Sole Loved - Kids with new shoes and socks
Toy Drive for parents to shop at greatly reduced prices for Christmas toys -  Second Mile Ministries
Annual Operation Christmas Child Shoe-box Ministry - Samaritans Purse - Toys for kids throughout the world.

Great time of the year to be a Difference Maker!

Ron