News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Malibu Fire

Started by werthie, November 10, 2018, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werthie

let's bow our heads in prayer...

Love that they saved the car.

How long till we read "firefighters save toy of 1%er while the earth burns due to climate change "?   

::)

Glad they saved the car.....However if my house burned down while precious resources were allocated this way I might feel differently....I love my car ,but if it came down to my family home or my toy I think the choice would be pretty simple....I REALLY would miss the car though....

J_Speegle

Quote from: 557 on November 10, 2018, 03:50:19 PM
Glad they saved the car.....However if my house burned down while precious resources were allocated this way I might feel differently....I love my car ,but if it came down to my family home or my toy I think the choice would be pretty simple....I REALLY would miss the car though....

Unfortunately there are/were likely other cars in the garages but the more modern cars would have key interlocks that would not allow them to be put into neutral and rolled out.  Had to tell from the angle but the car in that location may not have remained untouched from the fire as it took all of the hose. They were likely having issues with the water supply or getting water (resources being what they often are in these situations) to the home so they were just confirming people were out and letting them burn. 

if the crew is taking the time to roll a car away from the main structure it wasn't a choice between one or the other I'm pretty certain.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

pchmotoho

It's not a Shelby. Glad the car is still in one piece though.

427hunter

Quote from: pchmotoho on November 11, 2018, 08:04:13 PM

How do you know it's not real ?

(aside from a good guess because 9 out of 10 65/66 "shelby's" you see are fake)
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

pchmotoho

Quote from: 427hunter on November 13, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

I saw it in person two days ago. Nice car but a its a C code fastback.

427hunter

Quote from: pchmotoho on November 13, 2018, 10:17:31 AM
Quote from: 427hunter on November 13, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

I saw it in person two days ago. Nice car but a its a C code fastback.

Got it, glad it survived, did the guys house burn down?
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

pchmotoho

The house burned. Small world, the closest fireman in the picture I went to high school with. J Speegle nailed it with his guess. Yes they were low on water and it was most assuredly not a choice between the house or the car. They couldn't do anything to save the house. Even if they had a full tank by the time they arrived  the house was on it was on its deathbed.

For the fireman it was a choice of either turning around and dealing with the next problem or taking 30 seconds and saving the car. I'd say it was a good 30 seconds spent!!

J_Speegle

Quote from: pchmotoho on November 13, 2018, 11:24:45 AM
The house burned. Small world, the closest fireman in the picture I went to high school with. J Speegle nailed it with his guess. Yes they were low on water and it was most assuredly not a choice between the house or the car. They couldn't do anything to save the house. Even if they had a full tank by the time they arrived  the house was on it was on its deathbed.

Wasn't much of a guess - 32 years in the business helps ;)  Over the years did a number of strike teams as part of the state OES
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CharlesTurner

Considering most cars would have gas in the tanks, would it be protocol to try and extract them from a building to avoid an explosion?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

6s1802

The FAKE tag on that car is only two numbers away from my legitimate one so I guess you know what my opinion is.

J_Speegle

Quote from: CharlesTurner on November 13, 2018, 01:41:04 PM
Considering most cars would have gas in the tanks, would it be protocol to try and extract them from a building to avoid an explosion?

Just depends on the situation (time, access, what else is going on - all that are consently changing all the time) in general they don't "explode" like you see on TV and in movies.  In cases like this no it would be standard that efforts be taken since you have other buildings and possibly lives that might be saved where it one appears to be a write off from the time of arrival.