Author Topic: Malibu Fire  (Read 5810 times)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Malibu Fire
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »
Install a n overhead fire sprinkler system in the garage.  Cars don't mind getting wet.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 06:11:04 PM by Don Johnston »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
Interesting read;

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/11/19/planning-fire-protection-for-your-collector-car/?refer=news

Yes one has to consider if there is more of a possibility of thief or fire and plan accordingly. Every neighbor that knows you have cars tells another and another so each owner has to choose, as best possible, their exposure risk.

Of course the examples discussed right now are very unusual and are not your typical fires - doubt a fire sprinkler system would be effective for the owners who experienced the recent fire's. Much of those systems are plumbed with plastic or q plastic like product and its not unusual, after a fire, to have running/flowing water pipes around the house and home. One fo the reasons the utilities are one of the first things disconnected/shut off by one of the crewman
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:01:55 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Blackcar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 09:03:56 PM »
CPVC pipe is commonly  used in fire protection sprinkler systems orange  color is common and typically if it has water in it and is exposed it will only char, pipe being above sheetrock is preferred. There not designed to extinguish but to send an alarm and control a fire until the fire department can arrive. As Jeff stated the fires in this thread are not typical.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:10:54 PM by Blackcar »

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 04:08:52 AM »
Interesting read;

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/11/19/planning-fire-protection-for-your-collector-car/?refer=news

I like step #8 - Take your neighbors for rides & let them drive your car, so they can move it if you can't get there in time. Essentially, have fun sharing your car while also preparing ahead for a possible emergency.

Steve

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »
I saw video from the first week and as they were slowly panning around, I saw the burnt-out hulk of '56 Chevy 2-door. No doubt, someone's pride and joy and most likely in very good-excellent condition. I have an ex-acquaintance that bought a flooded-out '70 440 six-pack, 4-speed Charger that was hit by Katrina. It was going to get fixed-up or restored. He and his brother are big Mopar freaks and they are the ones who introduced me to Mopars, back in '76.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!