News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

London to Brighton Run Nov 4 2018

Started by Dwathencars, November 11, 2018, 04:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwathencars

OK, I didn't drive the Cobra on this event, but it's certainly in line with all of us car fans.
Rich Foster and I checked off another of our post retirement goals by finishing the London to Brighton Run for pre 1905 vehicles last Sunday.  It celebrates the law change that eliminated the requirement for a flagman to walk in front of your vehicle to warn the horses...  We had acquired a 1903 Darracq.  Single cylinder that runs basically at a fixed RPM, road speed is set by the three speed transmission, about 15 MPH top speed. Took us seven hours to complete the 60 miles.  About 50 degrees, windy and humid, but no rain.   400 cars start, about 80% finish.  There are many support events, we enjoyed the Royal Automobile Club receptions the most.  Lori and Diana followed us on the L to B route on a double decker bus.   
Dave.   CSX #2367
CSX 2367.   Jaguar SS100,XK120, Etype, Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet, 1961 Maserati Vignale Spyder

CSX 4133

Fantastic. That would be a great event to partake in, Goodwood would be another on my short list.