News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Need restoration help for firewall pad

Started by Shawn, November 12, 2018, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I have the original firewall pad for 1816 in nearly perfect shape.  There is a small piece missing just below the pedal support area.  Does anyone restore these pads to include adding in a missing piece?  Is this piece about 5" across the bottom a big deal to just put back in as is?

J_Speegle

Quote from: Shawn on November 12, 2018, 02:58:25 PM
I have the original firewall pad for 1816 in nearly perfect shape.  There is a small piece missing just below the pedal support area.  Does anyone restore these pads to include adding in a missing piece?

Don't know anyone that commercially restores pads. Most often its owners or builders that do their own

Quote from: Shawn on November 12, 2018, 02:58:25 PMIs this piece about 5" across the bottom a big deal to just put back in as is?

Not sure if I understand what you're describing. There are no "pieces" just one big piece with various cutouts

65 firewall pad but general idea

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shawn

Im missing a small section about 5" across where the steering tube runs thru.  I don't look that bad was thinking about just putting in as is

J_Speegle

Quote from: Shawn on November 12, 2018, 04:16:25 PM
Im missing a small section about 5" across where the steering tube runs thru.  I don't look that bad was thinking about just putting in as is

That's a very visible location for damage. Many have reattached and minimized the damage but seems to take some experimenting for products and the process chosen
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge