News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bondurant School goes belly-up

Started by Mikelj5S230, November 13, 2018, 10:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Kinda sad really- It looked to be leaning in that direction for a very long time. The tribe wasn't too fond of race cars anyways. To them a MEGA MALL is the ultimate land usage :'(

68countrysedan

Sad, but no problem. Just relocate to ISM Raceway north of them. Instead of just a race track, ISM can become a motorsports destination.

Don Johnston

427heaven

Well it is a problem still because the former PIR has always been for the PROS and rarely if ever held events for the weekend warrior, reminds me of a bucket of KFC chicken..... Greasy- Stale- and overpriced :-[ Its been years since I went to KFC and PIR for those very reasons. Indy cars pulled out this year stating low attendance. Who wants to watch a bunch of guys you never heard of and cant pronounce their names because they come from around the globe and maybe three guys are from the states. The days of when we went to watch our heroes like FOYT- Parnelli Jones- Unsers- Gurney- Rutherford are long gone.

68countrysedan

Well maybe ISM/PIR should consider a business model change and decide to cater to amateur racers. Having the Bondurant driving school there would be an impressive calling card plus an additional revenue stream.

OTH maybe they're happy with just running NASCAR events. Personally, I would opt for a facility that caters to racers from amateur to pros. 

427heaven

If your a left coaster which I am, we all go to the places that welcome us local racers like Las Vegas Speedway, Sonoma, Bakersfield and Firebird. PIR has spent 480 plus million dollars on a remodel- restructure so we shall see what the new facility has to offer the little guy racer if anything at all. There are very few real dedicated racers that understand business and vice versa. If anyone might be on this site in management levels for any race track here are just the basics that would make such a big difference... Easy access in and out, clean bathrooms, proper lighting EVERYWHERE, shaded areas in both the pits and the grandstands (well it is a big desert out on the left coast) Food that wont make everyone sick you know like the greasy green cheese on your nachos at SAAC Fontana >:(   480 million dollars should be a positive change! I will report back-

Don Johnston

Maybe Bondurant should have moved back to Sonoma.  He seemed to do well there for years until the lease ran out.

Scott b

What roll did his trophy wife play in all this?

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

^^^^^ Shes a real looker... I don't think they shop at the Dollar General ;)

Don Johnston

Pat is the CEO/President of the school.  Not sure if that was for any legal reason or for woman owned business bids for government contract bids.  Since it filed Chapter 11, not 7, it is still operating, acording to its Facebook page, and is trying to re-organize.  Whenever I ever talked with Pat, she was not the dumb blonde but seemed to know Bob's driving history well and had a good idea on business operations.  It is interesting how the driving school has gone through contracts with Nissan/Datsun to Ford to Chevrolet/Corvette to Dodge. Maybe they ran out of autovmanufacturers willing to help support a driving school.  They are very expensive operations.   8)

427heaven

You need to talk to your friend again..... They are officially closed chapter 7 no way to pay back to creditors a total amount owed of 1 to 10 million dollars-Bummer

SNAKEBIT

Sorry to hear about this. He was a great racer for Ford in S.C.C.A.? I remember hearing about this school back in the early '80's, I think.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!