News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

WTB - 1966 Shelby GT 350 auto trans

Started by kkravik, November 13, 2018, 08:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkravik

Still on the search for original trans or C servo for my 1966 Shelby GT350.  Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks, Kerry

Looking to buy a correct original automatic transmission for my 1966 Shelby GT 350.  I know this is tough find, but I'm determined to find one.  Thanks

427heaven

You might only need to find the correct SERVO which is easier than the entire trans. Just a suggestion. Good Luck on locating one! :)

kkravik

Yes, that's a good idea and I would definitely consider that.  Any help in locating either the whole trans or the C servo would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

J_Speegle

IF you want to be more precise you might want to figure out if you're got the earlier or later version as discussion is a recent thread ;)

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=2851.msg29744#msg29744
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

morsel

There's also this discussion we were having about the valve body differences if you were deciding to convert a normal C4, the Bob Mannels info towards the bottom is handy to notice the differences...

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3610.0

Jason

kkravik

My car is #1645, which I would assume would be the later servo.  It currently has an "H" servo that my research indicates is for a full size 1968 Ford car.  Thanks for everyone's input.

J_Speegle

Quote from: kkravik on November 14, 2018, 05:13:54 PM
My car is #1645, which I would assume would be the later servo. 

Yes the thin C6 version- Good luck
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Special Ed

give pat smir a call 812373 9611  he is south of indy and deals in ford auto trans,

Bill Collins

I have one that may be of particular interest to you - sent you a PM.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017