News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

back on the prowl

Started by mark p, November 13, 2018, 11:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

A big THANK YOU to Randy (GT350HR) for a ton of help and encouragement with my little upgrade project for the Tiger's engine bay.
I added a period-correct F4B, new carb, and CAT headers (Swain Tech coated). Also found a bad harmonic balancer, replaced the clutch, etc, and had a bunch of other old stuff fixed or replaced while the car was down... ever heard of "scope creep"  ???
Of course now they are talking about a "wintry mix" of weather here for Thursday, I may not make much clutch break-in progress until the spring...
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Bob Gaines

Looks great. In fact the air cleaner lid looks much better then the battleship gray they typically were.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

sfm5

Quote from: mark p on November 13, 2018, 11:09:13 PM
I added a period-correct F4B, new carb, and CAT headers (Swain Tech coated). Also found a bad harmonic balancer, replaced the clutch, etc, and had a bunch of other old stuff fixed or replaced while the car was down... ever heard of "scope creep"  ???

Yep, scope creep is what inevitably happens when you restore a car...or renovate a part of your house. Followed closely by "budget creep"!  :)

Nice Tiger!
65 GT350

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

honker

That is a beauty Tiger, and the Cosmic Mags really set it off  8), my favourite wheel !

Mike

KR Convertible

Mark, glad to see you got it finished up.  Didn't realize Tigers had a hydraulic clutch.  What did you end up using?

mark p

Paul - yes, all Tigers have hydraulic clutch...
I went with the 10" McLeod "Street Pro" diaphragm style, it said it was good for 400 hp ('way more that I'll ever need!). Thanks again for the help there  :)
The pedal effort now seems light (very nice)... altho I can't be sure that my leg remembers what it was like nearly a year ago?

Mike - Thanks  8)
yes, I like the Cosmic wheels... period-correct but not very common. (I also have another set that I re-finished with body color instead of the black)

JWH

The four most expensive words pertaining to any project...."while we're at it..."
The Tiger looks great!
Jeff

mark p

Quote from: JWH on November 14, 2018, 02:15:21 PM
The four most expensive words pertaining to any project...."while we're at it..."
The Tiger looks great!
Jeff

Thanks.
A friend taught me a valuable saying a long time ago that he learned when they were building their house... "don't worry, it's only a little more"  ::)