Author Topic: Engine compartment wiring harness clips placement  (Read 1903 times)

Terry Curry

• View Profile
Engine compartment wiring harness clips placement
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:54 PM »
I'm ready to install the clips in the engine bay that holds the wiring and after reviewing the Electrical assembly line booklet I was hoping to see pictures or a better diagram on how the wiring was routed and what clips were used where. The PO had drilled about 200 holes in the engine compartment (putting metal wire clamps every 4 inches)  and in the process of changing the engine compartment back to black, (It seems every car I have I have to change the color back to stock, Mustang to black, Tiger from black to body color...ugh) I welded up most or all the holes and looking at other cars and taking pictures  at SAAC at Sears Point this past year I still wasn't sure. I have a running early 1967 6 cylinder mustang available to reference but I know there are differences, especially with the center hi-beam headlights and the Tach wiring. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advanced

Terry

Shelby Mustang GT 500 #504

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Engine compartment wiring harness clips placement
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:03:28 PM »
Is the book you are referencing the Osbourne (sp) electrical book?  (black cover for '67's)

Did you buy the AMK under hood/engine kit?

If I remember it was not too tough, but...

Here are some images that might help, for a start.

Note on the second image since you have a GT500 there is no choke cable - but the Shelby under dash and other items are the same. 

Third image note the type of clip use here and the routing.

The straps that hold the loom along the left side have the two eyelet holes, one end of the nub goes in a hole to the body - see last image.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:17:17 PM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:01:59 AM »
I'm ready to install the clips in the engine bay that holds the wiring and after reviewing the Electrical assembly line booklet I was hoping to see pictures or a better diagram on how the wiring was routed and what clips were used where. The PO had drilled about 200 holes in the engine compartment (putting metal wire clamps every 4 inches)  and in the process of changing the engine compartment back to black, (It seems every car I have I have to change the color back to stock, Mustang to black, Tiger from black to body color...ugh) I welded up most or all the holes and looking at other cars and taking pictures  at SAAC at Sears Point this past year I still wasn't sure. I have a running early 1967 6 cylinder mustang available to reference but I know there are differences, especially with the center hi-beam headlights and the Tach wiring. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advanced

Terry

Shelby Mustang GT 500 #504
They early 67 6cyl will have the same holes for clips as your Shelby. That should help you determine which are factory and which were done by the previous owner . That reference along with the pictures JD posted should help a lot.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SFM5S159

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »
I own car #00503, but I don't have info that will help here.  I do have original Shelby paperwork for about 100 cars from #00500 to 00600 that I found under the carpet in my car.  I think I was told somewhere along the line they threw the paperwork in every 100 cars or so?  I will dig it out and post some pics.  Pretty neat find.

Mike C
'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 02:09:06 PM »
Would be great to see, as I am within that range.

Terry Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 03:22:52 PM »
Perfect. This helps a lot and yes it is the Osbourne Black Electrical book I have.

Again, thank you.