News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 RUG-S on Phoenix Craigslist

Started by Mike James, November 17, 2018, 09:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike James

Mike James

By the way just a reminder I'm looking for the original 67 RUG-S for 786.  If any of you have it or know where it is please contact me.  I've already contacted the registrar and he doesn't know where it is, but some of you guys might!

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Corey Bowcutt

I purchased a Toploader for my 68 GT350 (RUG N1) from an add off Craig's list from the same area and my guess from the same guy.  He is a good apple and the transmission looks and works great.

Kent

But for a 67 it would be not right or? With the C8ar case.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on November 23, 2018, 06:17:37 AM
But for a 67 it would be not right or? With the C8ar case.
No it is not right for a 67 it is right for a 68.  it is the same style big input and big output.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Yes that what I thought so it would be a correct part but not date/time correct.

Mike James

Correct.  Find me my tranny for 0786!
Hard to believe someone would take it out and install an automatic!

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Mike James on November 24, 2018, 10:07:09 AM
Correct.  Find me my tranny for 0786!
Hard to believe someone would take it out and install an automatic!

Tell me about it  >:(

Same thing happened to my car back in the day

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

427heaven

I went the other way on 6s409 I put a 4 speed in it and ditched the auto as part of the deal. Years ago it didn't really seem to matter. :-\ It was supposedly one of the first batch of 66s to get autos, but everyone always said OH look at that fake SHELBY! That did it, a 4 speeds a coming and so the wish was granted.