Author Topic: 1968 fixer-upper  (Read 5056 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: 1968 fixer-upper
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
Heres my guess... It was a Blue Cal Special that was being converted by owner, has blue color on passenger door skin. It probably had chrome GT wheels all around and had driver rear wheel destroyed in accident, replaced with argent wheel to become a roller. It probably sat in some recovery lot somewhere and parts started to disappear- Passenger seat ,dash components, door pieces  :'(

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 10:18:55 AM »
Heres my guess... It was a Blue Cal Special that was being converted by owner, has blue color on passenger door skin. It probably had chrome GT wheels all around and had driver rear wheel destroyed in accident, replaced with argent wheel to become a roller. It probably sat in some recovery lot somewhere and parts started to disappear- Passenger seat ,dash components, door pieces  :'(

No, not Blue, look at the Top of the Drivers Seat, the Tail Light Panel and the Gas Tank, they all have that same blue hue, so I say that's light effects.  I believe that the Car was at a Body Shop in the process of getting restored and it was either rear ended while at the shop or it fell off a Lift.  The way the rear Quarter Panel looks to be bent UP, it looks like it fell off a Lift, possibly a Center Hydraulic Lift where the Drivers Rear Leg Arm of the Lift popped out from under it and the Car fell at that Angle. 

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
What ever did happen to it, I was aghast when I saw it. I sure hope it was just a GT convertible and not a Shelby.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 09:06:44 PM »
“....my Dad,... he’s  got this ultimate set of tools.”
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
possibly the damaged parts are from the car they repaired and the red  gt500 was the parts car and rear clip was cut off . and the grey clip is  just sitting on the  remains.

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .