News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Are these correct?

Started by Karguy, November 21, 2018, 10:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karguy

I recently had an opportunity to inspect 6s27?  It had an original 65 gt350 owners manual, a high performance equipment owners manual and the remains of a 65 mustang owners manual on the glove box. It's about 20 cars after the carry over cars. Possible they could be original to this particular 66?
Thanks, Karl
6s281
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

gt350hr

No. I have had three carryover cars and worked on a dozen more in the past. '66 owners manual and supplement was used. The good thing is selling the "65 stuff will easily offset the cost of genuine '66 stuff. Vern Estes could be of assistance to you.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

doublemyv

Karl, if you are interested in selling both manuals, I am definitely interested. I could really use those for SFM5s444.  Thanks, Mark

Iceman

Hi Karl
I would also be very interested on the manuals. I have the number 5S286 and unfortunately miss this too. I've been looking for a long time. Can you please say if your owners manual both, the front and rear covers, fold out like a centerfold. Thanks Roman

zray

The OP doesn't own the car or the manuals, if I'm reading his post correctly, he just inspected it.

Z

Iceman

Yes, who can read correctly is at an advantage  ::). You have read correctly, thanks

SFM5S000

Quote from: Iceman on November 26, 2018, 03:09:34 AM
Yes, who can read correctly is at an advantage  ::). You have read correctly, thanks

Iceman/Roman,

I took my post and photo of my 65 manual down. I felt it revealed too much info of what an original is suppose to be like. In order to protect the integrity of details of the 65 manual away from the reproduction people. They can continue on reproducing them incorrectly.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Iceman

Hi Earl
I like it. I think it's not good if all can copy and reproduce. If you still see an original please think of me.
Thank you
Roman

Karguy

I do not own the 1965 manuals, they are in a vehicle that I inspected. I am working with the owner to try to replace them with the correct 66 items for his car. If I wind up with the 65 items I will certainly put it out on the forum.
Karl
6s281
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!