Author Topic: Correct Concours Spark Plug Wires  (Read 7021 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Correct Concours Spark Plug Wires
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
The distributor is indexed correctly but thanks for the suggestion.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2018, 04:53:50 PM »
Perhaps a call to Kevin Marti to confirm there wasn't a packaging issue? I won't buy from SEMO either. I won't elaborate here.
You can't use the standard 390/428. They will be short. The tall aluminum valve covers do make a difference.
Kevin should be able to provide correct length for each wire per application. As I stated, #1 is clocked about 130.  The wires fit perfectly.

-Keith

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
I bought two sets and haven't got as far as comparing the two. I suspect that perhaps this was a set for the 428 PI with the chrome covers and got mislabeled? Tomorrow.

Technically they fit but 4, 7, & 8 just make it and could be stressed out.

I went to SEMO because they had date choices. Other vendors generally don't and offer to order them for you.

I get the part that these parts are hand made and with something like wire sets can easily get confused.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 10:44:00 PM »
I would have thought them the same too but the short covers do make a difference.  I was starting to think you had a mis-package  or someone bought them and switched them making the error we discussed.

-Keith

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 06:59:16 AM »
I will put Inspector Clouseau on the case. I haven't checked the second set yet.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!