News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 # 2939

Started by rbarkley, November 24, 2018, 05:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

I saw this on craigslist ...

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1967-shelby-mustang-fastback/6744407622.html

Very interesting and original paperwork.  What is the C5AZ identifier on the dealer installed FE 427?

Registry does indicate that the car was "towed into J.D. Ball on 4/24/68 after #3 piston came off the connecting rod ..."

Ron

Richstang

POOKIE ALERT.   Be Warned

::)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Coralsnake

Very interesting and original paperwork

Well, not original, but if " interesting" means fake, I guess so. What the old boy doesnt realize that almost every piece of original paperwork on my website has some identifier built into it to prevent this exact situation. That is not even JD Ball's letterhead.  :D

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/Ball

Oh, the Shelby tag is a fake too...

rbarkley

Wow.  I had no idea.  Certainly shows the necessity of due diligence and the necessity of this forum!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 24, 2018, 05:41:26 PM
Very interesting and original paperwork

Well, not original, but if " interesting" means fake, I guess so. What the old boy doesnt realize that almost every piece of original paperwork on my website has some identifier built into it to prevent this exact situation. That is not even JD Ball's letterhead.  :D

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/Ball

Oh, the Shelby tag is a fake too...
On top of that originally a automatic car switch to a 4 speed and a color change car. It looks like a nice personalized car but what I object to is all of the BS deception in the description. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I suppose they could have used the artwork from the back of an old postcard to type up the fact they sold a race engine. I mean why waste a perfectly good invoice?

Ha ha  ;)

GT350Lad

I agree this is where this forum is really needed. With the new registry updates we are doing hopefully we can try update info and cut down this sort of pookie BS
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Boy that Marti Report image is fuzzy...... ;)

Mike James

Other than the Shelby tag looking new, what gives it away as a fake?

Mike James

What about the painted aprons and that sway bar?  Haha

Mike James

Export brace and washer bag appear wrong too?  Probably shouldn't even be a bag being this late of a car but I'm no expert like the rest of you.

427heaven

That's why if someone is interested in something there are a few guys on here that could put some eyeballs on subject matter, and give us an authentic scoop. The brotherhood of muscle pertains to Shelby brothers, as well as Mopar lover brotherhood. ;)

Mike James

And the MSD ignition drives me crazy!  Sorry for those of you who have aftermarket ignition, just doesn't look right to me!

Coralsnake

QuoteOther than the Shelby tag looking new, what gives it away as a fake?

If someone would fake a piece of paperwork, what do you think they could do with a detailed explanation of why the tag has been restamped?

Mike James

That radiator support  shouldn't be painted either. 
Nice driver none the less but why not just disclose it's true history.